• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG 22 & Premier 3-15x50 Range Report (Pic)

2625fps

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2009
NC
Its been literally 10 years to the day, that I've fired a scoped weapon. For the past 5 years I've been telling myself that I was going to finally get a rifle together... but you know how that goes. Well I made the time, and got off my butt. I went around the house and starting eBaying a ton of stuff that I still liked but didn't really need. To make a long story short, I made enough money on eBay in 2 weeks to get my entire package together. It consists of:

Sako TRG 22
Premier 3-15x50
Seekins Rings
Badger Ordnance Rail
Sako Muzzle Break
Harris Bipod

Well I got my rifle together, and down to the range to get the scope zeroed. The Sako is everything that everyone has mentioned and more. Premier Reticle Heritage 3-15x50 is one of the nicest scopes I've ever handled. It was worth every penny.

I'm 6'3" and I was shooting the rifle without any shims. So I was straining to get proper eye relief and stock weld. I think my groups could have been a bit tighter if the rifle was 100% set up for my size. I do have some shims coming to remedy this... Then again, I don't feel I did too badly for not shooting in a decade. It had to be mostly the rifle... not me! Worth every penny.

Re: Sako TRG 22 & Premier 3-15x50 Range Report (Pic)

nice shooting there! Any pics of your stick?

Here's a quick pic. I'll post better one's when I get the shims that Terje makes installed.

Shit, I haven't shot a rifle in 10 DAYS, and I'd take that group and be happy.

I hear ya regarding the spacers. I'm 6'4" and Terje's gear made a world of difference. No more straining my neck and no more problems with the butt not fitting...standing by for "that's what she said" joke.

Great looking set-up, btw. I've got the TRG/Premier combo, as well. Glad you're happy with it. It's tough to beat.

How do you like Terje's shims? They look top notch, but sometimes pictures can be deceiving. I cant wait to get them... should be here in a week or so. Thanks for the compliments about the shooting.

Terje makes really nice stuff. You won't be disappointed. I can't speak for every unit he's made but the fit and finish on my spacers is perfect. Looks like it came from the Sako factory.

Of course my stuff is green, so it'll be interesting to see how close he's able to get your color. My $$ is on Terje.

I actually got black. I guess Dark Earth isn't that popular so he hasn't done any. I think black will work just fine since that is what the factory recoil pad shims are, so it would just be the cheek shim that would be different, but again I think it will look fine.

I also got a accu-shot monopod and rail system on its way.