• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG 22 stock issue

Bugaboo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2010
Prague, Czech Republic
Hi all,
I disassembled my TRG 22 after a competition in heavy rain to see how far the water got into it. It wasn't an issue but when I've put the rifle back together I noticed the stock doesn't fit the bedding block as nicely as the foreguard (see pic) and I had problems tightening the screws.

2011-08-18_0009.jpg

I took it apart and put back together several times and no luck. Even the screws had damaged threads.

I went to a local dealer/service and bought two new screws, again, no luck.

I compared my rifle with the rifle belonging to the dealer I bought it from and it looked the same.

I checked pictures I took when I bought the rifle and it was there from the beginning. Also other TRG's at a recent competition had the same "issue".

My warranty runs out in December and I would love to know whether I should press the issue or drop it.

TRG owners, any input most appreciated.

Re: Sako TRG 22 stock issue

Bugaboo,

When you disassembled it, did you remove the trigger group first with the safety lever in the rear position and reassemble it back in that order? Or did you just pull the stock off?
Len

I did everything according to the manual, i.e. I took the trigger group with safety in the rear position first.

I just looked at mine. It is less then a year old and has never been used hard. It looks like the picture you posted, there is a slight gap. I would say this is how they are supposed to be and wouldn't stress over it.

This is what my TRG looks like:
IMG_1920.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also other TRG's at a recent competition had the same "issue".</div></div> What did he do to fix it?

Stand by, I´m gonna take mine apart and see if I can get it together with the same straight "line".

Thanks for the effort.

The guys at competition didn't even know I am checking their rifles, so they probably did nothing. :-D

What kind of safety lever do you have on your rifle?

This is how I assembled mine:

Make sure this thing is placed corretly in the stock:
IMG_1923.jpg

The screw with the spacer should be the "top one" and the one without is the bottom one.

Place it in the stock the right way with the tapered end "into" the stock:
IMG_1926.jpg

Once you slide it onto the chassi there is a small gap:
IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

Tighten this screw first:
IMG_1932.jpg

and then this one:
IMG_1933.jpg

And this is what mine looked like then:
IMG_1929.jpg

I did this twice and this is the second result:
IMG_1937.jpg

If your screws are damaged you might wanna replace them, just make sure to align everything before you start tightening the screw.

The saftey lever is made by Terje338

Thanks for all the effort. I am pretty sure I didn't make a mistake during the reassembly, especially because I determined the "gap" was there before, from the factory.
I have contacted several people locally and they have pretty much the same condition like me.

Anyone else? Info and opinions appreciated!