• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG-22 Trigger Adjustment Help

SigsauerP229

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2011
N. NV
Could use some help with getting this trigger adjusted. I had a TRG-42, and it came adjusted in a way that I never felt the need to adjust it. My TRG-22 came not so good, so I purchased a Lyman Digital trigger pull gauge to get it where I wanted.

I've played with it a bit now and although it is better I can't get it below 5lbs. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or is it possible that I got a bad trigger as I know there has been some issues with these?

Thanks for any help.

I had a TRG trigger that I couldn't get to feel like I wanted, and a little lube fixed the problem. The TRG triggers are designed to be ran with some lube.

i never adjusted mine, but read somewhere on the net about guys trying to adjust them too light and it ended up making the trigger very heavy from going lower than the recommended adjustment range. im not sure, but you may try to tighten it up and see if that will actually lighten the trigger.

It took me a few try's to figure out the TRG trigger adjustments.

If you're trying to reduce the 2nd stage break, make sure to increase the first stage. If you go too light the trigger will bind up when you work the bolt hard. I took mine down to where it would do that at them worked back up.

I played with it little more and have it where it felt the same as my TRG-42. For some reason though it reads 7lbs on the Lyman gauge but it does not feel like it. It feels more like the brake is 2.5lbs. Do any of you know if the Lyman gauge has an issue with reading a two stage correctly?