• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG 22 w/ Swarovskit Z6 2.5-15x56mm value vs AI AE .308 platform

nightwolf0215

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2013
Southern California
I'd like an estimation of value for a package that includes:

Sako TRG 22 in .308 with black stock and no muzzle break (less than 200 rounds I have heard)
Swarovski Z6 2.5-15x56mm scope like new
Decent scope mount
Decent bi pod

I would appreciate any insight into how the Sako TRG 22 would do compared to the AIAE system as well.

Last edited:
Depends on the Condition of the AIAE you're comparing to. Might need a bit more Details than that. Now if you're interested in getting a TRG22 and wanting to know how it shoots compare to a AIAE Platform then I'd say it'll be a Wash. Both are Dead Accurate Special Purpose built rifles.

Some might argue the AI rifles are More Reliable/Durable, but honestly most of us won't ever put our rifles through the kind of abuse that'll test the limits of either one of these rifles. After all the SAKO TRG is also a proven military grade weapon system used by the Fins and many other countries in the world. So it most likely comes down to preferences.

If you're talking about a Trade then does the AIAE comes with an nice glass like the TRG? What's the Condition/Round count of the AIAE you're referring to?

Sako package is going to be worth around the 6k mark IMO give or take a couple hundred bucks .

Oh wow. I didnt know that they would add upmthat quick. I figured about $2600-2800 for a used Sako. Then about $1000 for the scope. So with accessories about $4000. But i might be wrong. These are used so they probably wont command a premium.

About the comparison, i just want to know the differences between them is all. Like pros and cons for long range fun. I like the AI AE a lot, and i know i dont need more than 1. but i dont know if another opportunity will come up for a nice used rifle like this near me haha.

Last edited:
Well that glass is around 3k-3200 new, the TRG is about 3100 New, And yes being used means your not getting NEW msrp for them, But if its all Pristine and you only have 200 rounds down the tube on a 308, then your looking at 2800 or so for the rifle, around the same for the glass I would think, so right there you have 5600 + accseories and you your at 5800-5900 with out too much.

So if its all clean and in as new condition then 6k would be a reasonable place to start even if its a touch on the high side. If your going to sell for 4k just tell me where to send the funds ;)