• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG 22

rmbailey

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2023
Virginia
Hello,

I am new to the forum and I am looking for advice or recommendations. I have just started to get involved with shooting and I am a novice. I have a 2012 Sako TRG 22 and I am trying to mount a Sako factory picatinny rail. It is the low profile Sako TRG rail, 0 MOA. There were no instructions concerning torque values, guide pins and screw placement. Could someone please help me with this?

Ryan

IMG_0181.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpeg
    IMG_0179.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0180.jpeg
    IMG_0180.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 64
Put the rail where all the screw holes and pin holes line up. There is only one spot that this happens. The rail will not mount all the way back and flush on the receiver. It will sit forward a bit. Put a dab of blue loctite on all the screws and screw them in until they lightly start to snug. Next go back and torque to 20 in/lbs

If you don’t have a torque wrench, tighten the screws as tight as you can holding onto the short side of a L shape torx wrench (allen wrench). Go back over them holding onto the long side of the wrench just until you feel the screws move just a bit more and you would be good to go.

You can also rub a thin coat of blue loctite on the complete bottom side of the pic rail before mounting. This will help keep moisture from making its way between the rail and the receiver. Use a paper towel or qtip to remove any excess that pushes out after you have it all mounted up.

Thank you very much Wade. I will go back and look at the screw hole alignment tonight and mount it slightly forward.