• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG 3 ring mount and NF 5.5-22x50 question

meestermurphy

Private
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2008
Reno, NV
www.randomgunstuff.com
I am finally ordering a TRG42 since i have wanted one for close to 15 years.

I have already decided on using the factory 3 ring mount and a NF NXS NF 5.5-22x50. My only question is if I will need the LO mount or MED? The low will accept a scope with up to a 60mm outer diameter objective. I have not been able to find the measurements of the 50mm NF.

Does anyone know the measurement, run this combo, or could someone take the measurement for me? Thanks in advance.

EZ

Re: Sako TRG 3 ring mount and NF 5.5-22x50 question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erick Z</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have not been able to find the measurements of the 50mm NF.

Does anyone know the measurement

EZ</div></div>

Ah 50mm?

I'm sure the outer diameter of the scope is not larger than the objective lens by 10mm (60mm-50mm). If you don't have a pair of dial calipers, you can call NF. OR, you can just find a ruler with metric measurements and measure the OD.

I have a Sako TRG22 with same scope, the scope bell outer dia. is 2.325. I am currently running Leupold rings that aprox. 1.140 from bottom to center. I am also running a .250 spacer under my cheek piece. I have plenty of room under my bell, and was even considering getting new rings aprox. .840, I also need to add, that I am running a US optics rail.
I hope this helps.
SScott
009-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run the Med 3 ring mount with a 5.5-22x56. If your's is a 50mm, you can run the Sako low 3 ring mount and be good. </div></div>

+1 on this.... I was running a NF 8x32x56 BR scope with the Med rings and the BR has a outside measurement of 68mm as opposed to the NXS which has a 65mm bell

I use the Near Mfg Alphamount low mount with the 50 mm objective.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erick Z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you guys very much for the input. I am thinking about going with the 56mm now but, would that require a cheekrest spacer?

EZ</div></div>

I opted to use a spacer because I noticed my neck was a bit tight after shooting from propping it up. With a spacer, I can really rest my face on the comb now with a good sight picture.