• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sako trg 42 bipod-can you adjust the tilt/tension

inalabama

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2007
birmingham, al
my sako trg 42 bipod has alot of play in terms of side to side tilt/angle movement-its quite loose. the allyn screw and bolt are tightened fully. does anyone know how to tighten this or if it can be tightened? [the way you can do with some of the harris bipods?]thanks

Re: sako trg 42 bipod-can you adjust the tilt/tension

The Sako bipod is pretty good over all... and I didn't like the Harris pipod on my TRG-42.

There are two versions of the TRG-22/42 bipod, and I've got the newer one. It isn't flawless left/right tilt, but it is very stable in all other aspects. It's especially better in so far as mounting to the rifle, and shooting prone.

hey gbmaryland, i also have the newer version, can you tighten up the left/right tilt? its a great piece of equipment, just wondering about this issue, thanks

I'm not really sure if it's different from the old one... No idea if you can tighten it up.

I have the same version and also not sure but this thing is sweet. Love how it mounts to the gun. Like it should be. :)

There are a couple methods to tighten it up I have used. The easiest is remove hex head screw and nut that ataches the mounting block to bipod squeeze in some blue loctite reassemble and let sit over night. I have done one this way and it has remained 'tight' for 3 month's, you have to man handle it a bit to tilt but it has worked great on the cheap. The other method requires a SMALL bit of machining, a file would suffice to create room for installation of a rubber or fiber spacer for friction. PM me for details if interested in this method.

They are supposed to be loose - at least they are manufactured to be. If you want it tight, do what Mark S mentioned. But as far as it being sloppy - that is a matter of opinion. As far as it being wrong or broken, it isn't.

thanks for the ideas gents,it is a really nice bipod, i think i'll try the spacer idea