• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Sako TRG-42 Trigger Help

R_Swanson

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
AZ
Hey guys, I posted this in the general TRG thread in the bolt action forum, but I thought it might get noticed by more here.

I cant get the trigger out of my TRG-42. Anyone know if they have loctite or anything? I know Sako/Tikka is famous for gluing and applying loctite to things.

I have a pre-13, but I cant get a manual for it, so I am using the post-13 manual here: https://cdn1.sako.fi/sites/default/files/TRG-42_Manual.pdf

One thing to note - and this concerns me and makes me wonder if there are steps I'm missing... there must be some differences in taking the trigger out, as the manual states "turn the safety off, then pull the trigger and insert the 5mm wrench through the trigger guard." - However on mine, you have put the safety on, as the bolt is only accessible with the safety on.

I tried a normal 5mm allen and it wont budge, so I brought out my long handle 3/8 ratchet and its still not moving.

Has anyone else struggled with this? Any ideas?

APgquVI.jpg

Last edited:
Bolt out and remove the one 5mm Allen. If the screw is stuck you might have to hit it with your purse. Don’t use ball end wrenches to break bolts loose. Asking for trouble.

Only way to use the 3/8 ratchet is that ball end. That ball end isnt stripping anything, it gets great purchase. I get its not idea but I need more torque.

I'll go at it harder with that right now - thanks for confirming thats all there is to it.