• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG A1 Experiences

Simia Dei

Boendr
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2017
Evening all,

Does anyone own or have experience with the TRG A1 chassis? Does anyone know if the chassis alone available as an aftermarket option? TRGs can be had here for a fair price quite often so I'm looking at the option of grabbing one and dropping it into the A1 chassis (if acquiring one is even a possibility).

For those of you who own or have experience with them, do you have any thoughts on them?

Yz0x

Sadly I can only comment on availability of the A1 chassis which probably as expensive to buy separately as buying a comple rifle and i would say that chances are small.

A W3 is probably the most bang for bucks option.

Reactions: Graywolf.260
I don’t know of a way to purchase just the chassis. I had a Sako TRG 22A1 for a while. The chassis was comfortable to get behind and the folding mechanism is rock solid. Absolutely zero play. Mine had the monopod in the rear which is by far the best monopod ever to be on a rifle.

Reactions: Simia Dei
I don’t know of a way to purchase just the chassis. I had a Sako TRG 22A1 for a while. The chassis was comfortable to get behind and the folding mechanism is rock solid. Absolutely zero play. Mine had the monopod in the rear which is by far the best monopod ever to be on a rifle.
Is it worth buying the rifle itself? They are approx $1k cheaper than an AXSR here, and I'm tempted to just go that way (a TRG M10 is about $18k here). I've asked Sako about the stock but haven't received a reply yet.

That would be your call to make. If you like a rock solid m-lok aluminum folding chassis w/ a canted full length rail to attach night vision on the same plane as your scope and have the money to spare then it’s a solid buy. Sako triggers don’t have an equal as long as you don’t prefer a single stage. I wished I would have kept mine.

That being said the regular sako trg 22 is a very comfortable rifle and a chassis can be added at a later date. There are a few after market ones that are very nice. I only have experience with the KRG folding chassis that I dropped one of mine in.

Is it worth buying the rifle itself? They are approx $1k cheaper than an AXSR here, and I'm tempted to just go that way (a TRG M10 is about $18k here). I've asked Sako about the stock but haven't received a reply yet.
I'd consider what cartridges/barrels you would likely use.
If you anticipate playing around with different cartridges being able to order a prefit through delta tactical would be nice.

I'm pretty set on 300NM. And yeah, Delta could sort it, Cleavers are now bringing IBI AXMC/AXSR prefits in as well.

With the KRG chassis, can the TRG 42 magazines still be used? Or do you need to revert to AI mags?

I'm pretty set on 300NM. And yeah, Delta could sort it, Cleavers are now bringing IBI AXMC/AXSR prefits in as well.

With the KRG chassis, can the TRG 42 magazines still be used? Or do you need to revert to AI mags?
The downside of the TRGs seems to be the barrel change issues.

Evening all,

Does anyone own or have experience with the TRG A1 chassis? Does anyone know if the chassis alone available as an aftermarket option?

For those of you who own or have experience with them, do you have any thoughts on them?
no, Sako does not sell the A1 chassis.
Yes, I had one, a good rifle, worth the money