• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG Accessories.......WTF

G

From time to time, I think of picking up a Sako TRG 42 in a magnum caliber since there is no denying they are one of the best values for out-of-the box accuracy available.

But what is up the prices of their accessories?

$450 for a bipod? $200 for a magazine? $450 for scope ring base?

Are they aware of how this appears to the consumer?

Re: Sako TRG Accessories.......WTF

The accesories are an issue.If you look around you can find mags around $150 the rest there are plenty of aftermarket options.You can get an accushot bipod and a few other options for scope mounts.

Mags are the only thing you "have" to get from them. Harris makes a $9 rail adapter and you can use their $90 bipods. Numerous companies make bases for it that don't cost $500, and you can use whatever rings you like.

Get a Near 25MOA base and a set of Badger or Seekin rings. Yep, they apparently don't give a shit "how it appears to the consumer". FWIW other's just bone you up front for the basic.

Finland. Europe / European Union. Euro to dollar exchange rate.

US import tariffs and taxes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Finland. Europe / European Union. Euro to dollar exchange rate.

US import tariffs and taxes. </div></div>

Dont worry its even more expensive over here in Europe than in the US.

European prices

Mags €192 = $267
Bipod €459 = $640
Tactical Mount €429 = $598
Muzzle brake €176 = $245

So someone willing to send me some of your cheap parts, lol.

The prices you listed are all pretty high. You can find the bipod for $335, which is still high but not too bad. If you don't like it the Harris is still an option and can be used without purchasing anything additional. For hardware, I'd go with a Near MFG Lugged 25 MOA base anyhow and some badger rings but when you add that up it's about a hundred short of the Sako 3-ring base, which is detachable. Their prices aren't all that out of line. Even if you outfit a TRG with a bipod, Sako 3ring mount, and a muzzle brake it still comes in under the price of an AI AWM in .338LM. Still a bargain to me.

CMS

Now and then bachman pawn and gun has them in stock and I have a local place that can order them and last one i saw there (5 months ago) was priced at $335. Call Bachman...they have them from time to time.

CMS

Both of my TRG-22,and 42 are set up with harris #6 bipod adapters and Warne bases.Never had a problem yet and recomend them over factory items any day

Sako-Beretta is not in the big medium price level consumer volume business at all. They are in the premium price level business where part of the product image IS high prices. Sako is not even trying to compete with Rem or Savage. They do not have to.

Nobody complains about AI prices even though they are basically ripping people of with their products that feel like "2X4" in your hand :) Good stuff but nothing out of the ordinary.

TRG-bipod is VERY good. I wish someone made a quality copy of it. There is nothing trademarked or patented on it so you can copy it all you want. Same goes for their muzzle brakes. I have a few copy brakes and they work well.

I have one bona fide TRG-bipod but I am building a new rifle that I would like to get a new bipod for. Not a Sako at all but with adapters the bipod can be used with McMillans etc.

<span style="font-style: italic">I wish someone made a quality copy of it.</span>

funny you guys should say that, what do you think a copy would sell for? I just happen to have one 99% finished that is going to be standard equipment with our Model 07's and our Avenger II based SSG's.

Got it sorted to fit a TRG already, Just working on adaptors to make it fit the AICS / AI with the help of a spigot, and make it fit the forearm tube of the Model 07 and another to make it fit Picatinny rails.

I was looking at €370 ( which is 90€ less than the going rate for the sako item) ( that would be 310€ export) if we make 10 of them,

you guys think i'd get any takers, might be an idea to do a group buy on the bipod eh.
anyone interested drop me an email.

Pete
PIC_0059.jpg

PIC_0058-1.jpg

The TRG 22/42 is the finest value in a production longrange precision rifle on the market.

Who needs a brake or a bipod? Figuring on making lots of magazine changes, are you? 7rds not enough? You get the best trigger in the world on this rifle, figure that in if you want another magazine.

Look at what you're getting for your money versus what you pay to go custom:
Stock worth about $1200,
Action worth about $1200,
Trigger another $300,
Magazine and floorplate $350,
Barrel w/brake threading $500;
maybe add in some extra for adjustable cheekpiece and buttpad? Anyway you got a $4000 rifle.

Now just pony up a few bucks for a spare mag or build your own. Not like it's rocket science...

Can't buy a better action, especially if you are going Lapua or other .583" faced cartridge.

If you might ever want to switchbarrel, then the action shines even more. Interchangeable bolt bodies from the factory. Cost you $250 for another bolt body plus a new barrel to go from .338 Lapua to any .532 or .472 long bodied ctg.

How this looks to the Educated Shooter is magnificent!

The Best Things In Life cost what they cost. If you own one of these and switchbarrel, you need only one bolt rifle.

Pete,

Looks good. Maybe figure out how to add some kind of locking mechanism similar to Terry's Pod-Lock and call it done.

-pd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-style: italic">I wish someone made a quality copy of it.</span>

funny you guys should say that, what do you think a copy would sell for? I just happen to have one 99% finished that is going to be standard equipment with our Model 07's and our Avenger II based SSG's.

Got it sorted to fit a TRG already, Just working on adaptors to make it fit the AICS / AI with the help of a spigot, and make it fit the forearm tube of the Model 07 and another to make it fit Picatinny rails.

I was looking at €370 ( which is 90€ less than the going rate for the sako item) ( that would be 310€ export) if we make 10 of them,

you guys think i'd get any takers, might be an idea to do a group buy on the bipod eh.
anyone interested drop me an email.

Pete
PIC_0059.jpg

PIC_0058-1.jpg
</div></div>

tryed to pm you pete but your inbox is full

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swamper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The TRG 22/42 is the finest value in a production longrange precision rifle on the market....

Look at what you're getting for your money versus what you pay to go custom:
Stock worth about $1200,
Action worth about $1200,
Trigger another $300,
Magazine and floorplate $350,
Barrel w/brake threading $500;
maybe add in some extra for adjustable cheekpiece and buttpad? Anyway you got a $4000 rifle.

Can't buy a better action, especially if you are going Lapua or other .583" faced cartridge.

... </div></div>

But when you consider what you will finish paying out for a TRG with the scope mount, an extra mag and any other accessories (bipod etc) you are at the price of a full custom from one of the big names. A custom will be just as, if not more accurate and will not cost an arm and a leg any time you want to change something.
The only true advantage I could see is the switch barrel capability, but then again, how much is it going to cost to have a second barrel, a second bolt and another mag if its not the same base cartrige?

And I would put a surgeon action up against the TRG anyday.