• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG M10

I believe NoLegs had/has one, hit him up

Guys over in Finland modded one to be single feed .375CT and were making hits at 4800 meters

Guys over in Finland modded one to be single feed .375CT and were making hits at 4800 meters
They did put a bit of a disclaimer in the article:

"TRG M10 action size is scaled accordingly to 338 Lapua-class cartridges and Cheytac is above this. We do NOT encourage anyone to do same. Safety margins are much larger with dedicated Cheytac actions. +130gr powder charge energy guarantees very bad day to anyone who do silly things, intentionally or unintentionally. One can imagine AR15 catastrophic failure videos. Multiply explosion energy by 6, and you’re in ballpark how bad a day could be if something goes wrong. "

I know a guy with a TRG M10 in 300 win mag. It shoots great and he is very happy with it. Compared to another friends TRG22 which is a bit more worn in, the trigger of the 22 is nicer, but its not by a huge margin.
Overall, the M10 seems to be an awesome rifle, allthough crazy expensive. And exept for the ability for the user to change barrel it does not do anything that my Mk13 mod5(ish) build does not do, at 1/3 of the cost. Keep in mind that Sako original parts are also insanely expensive, as an example; 280$ for a spare magazine is not something I would be too happy about.

But, like I stated in another tread. If money was no issue, I would get the TRG M10 ASAP.

Reactions: VegasKyle
You pay a lot for the M10 ability to switch quickly between 308, 300WM and 338Lapua.
If you don't need that ability, TRG A1 makes sense. https://www.sako.fi/rifles/sako-trg/trg-2242-a1
The Finnaccuracy guys took a couple of range sessions before the A1 they tried would shoot. Barrel needed breaking in, or something???

I love this rifle, when I saw it at SHOT I couldn't put it down. Unfortunately its literally the most expensive military production rifle around. Sure there is the 19K AI package, but that's just a limited run. The trigger on the M10 and the bolt were amazing though.

Reactions: sennasteve
They are indeed an awesome piece of kit. Ergonomics are absolutely top-notch. Probably the best "factory" trigger on any production rifle. Zero complaints with mine. I have 338LM/308W/6.5CM barrels currently.

A great rifle, highly recommended if money is not the issue.

Built very solid with usability in mind.

I'm sure it's different in Finland, but in the States you have to deal with Beretta. That can be a true PITA from past experience with other TRG's.

To add, outside of the support process, barrels are a pain also. Not so much directed at having a smith chamber one, but from the perspective of obtaining a barrel extension. Sako will not sell an extension on its own. That means sacrificing a factory barrel just to harvest an extension. Sako factory barrels are top-notch as long as you want 338LM, 300WM or 308W. On the bright side, all extensions are the same wether magnum or not.

Speaking of short-action cartridges though it... The bolt release flips around with two screws to take the long bolt throw down to a short throw. The short-action magazines are also the same external size (no mag well adapter). Very nice engineering there.

I will have one some day. Hopefully a 338LM.

Attachments

• F2749F79-8163-409C-AA18-74F585A07EE4.jpeg
    F2749F79-8163-409C-AA18-74F585A07EE4.jpeg
    551.4 KB · Views: 612
  • DFB88A04-1BB6-4D66-8BA3-6152CD5751A0.jpeg
    DFB88A04-1BB6-4D66-8BA3-6152CD5751A0.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 1,267
  • 6B77D906-272E-49A6-98F7-0480A8E0F96C.jpeg
    6B77D906-272E-49A6-98F7-0480A8E0F96C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 635
Reactions: Statie07 and AIAW
does anyone use the monpod in back?
if so how does the ski/sled type fare against a regular stud

tried a few a while back but never figured it out, but they were post/stud style

thanks

I have one. The design allows you to to adjust the ski elevation by turning a collar on a elevation screw which gives you very fine elevation adjustments.

I have one. The design allows you to to adjust the ski elevation by turning a collar on a elevation screw which gives you very fine elevation adjustments.
if shooting on a flat square range, would you still use a bag?

Wow, That would be excellent. Please let us know what we need to do to make that happen.
The guys name is Todd Vanlangen cell is 1 910 885 2860 text him and let him know that You are also interested in barrel extensions. He has not come thru for me yet but said it takes time with Beretta . You can tell him that you got his info from the guy who shot the ELR match with him I’m Steve

Reactions: AIAW

Attachments

• DB8EEE4A-18CA-4694-B64C-D8497FE67BFF.jpeg
    DB8EEE4A-18CA-4694-B64C-D8497FE67BFF.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 326
  • 50D52D0B-4126-42C7-A3C1-D44480345187.jpeg
    50D52D0B-4126-42C7-A3C1-D44480345187.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 294
Wow, That would be excellent. Please let us know what we need to do to make that happen.
To add, outside of the support process, barrels are a pain also. Not so much directed at having a smith chamber one, but from the perspective of obtaining a barrel extension. Sako will not sell an extension on its own. That means sacrificing a factory barrel just to harvest an extension. Sako factory barrels are top-notch as long as you want 338LM, 300WM or 308W. On the bright side, all extensions are the same wether magnum or not.

Speaking of short-action cartridges though it... The bolt release flips around with two screws to take the long bolt throw down to a short throw. The short-action magazines are also the same external size (no mag well adapter). Very nice engineering there.

See my post there may be some hope in barrel extensions If enough people request them they may make them available plus they are coming out with additional calibers for the M10 according to Todd.

plus they are coming out with additional calibers for the M10 according to Todd.
Good news if so...
What calibers are expected? I heard 3 years ago that 300NM is one of them or only one.

The guys name is Todd Vanlangen cell is 1 910 885 2860 text him and let him know that You are also interested in barrel extensions. He has not come thru for me yet but said it takes time with Beretta . You can tell him that you got his info from the guy who shot the ELR match with him I’m Steve
Excellent,. I will contact him. Thanks for the info

Attachments

• 47A126E5-BD85-4ADE-B1EE-9CCA95FF1302.jpeg
    47A126E5-BD85-4ADE-B1EE-9CCA95FF1302.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 389
  • BED706AF-9A45-4E2C-8F40-549B39B0E0FD.jpeg
    BED706AF-9A45-4E2C-8F40-549B39B0E0FD.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 388
I picked one up and planned on using it on a stick with a normal rail.
Of course sako has some type of special size rail back there.
Can one of you guys take a pic and or send a few measurements so I can make a rail/attachment point

Thanks

I am expecting my M10 tomorrow. I just won it on Gun broker a little over a week ago. They are seriously overpriced and if you can pick one up used you'll save a fortune. I figure i saved $4k. Mine had 10 rounds through it, new in my book. I have some machinist friends that I am going to contact and see how hard it would be to machine extensions. I'd be willing to pay a few bucks if i could save having to buy donor barrels. Used 300 win mag rifles would be the best deal as most people want a 308 or 338 bolt face. I win though because I plan to make a 6.5 and 300 PRC. I'll let you know what i think when it gets here.

I picked one up and planned on using it on a stick with a normal rail.
Of course sako has some type of special size rail back there.
Can one of you guys take a pic and or send a few measurements so I can make a rail/attachment point

Thanks

I can help you out there. Where do you need these pics/measurements? Are you talking about the folding stock bottom rail perhaps?

@brianf That rail is part of the lower folding stock brace. It's one solid piece that attaches at the lower grip. Without the monopod in place, usable length would be about 3.75" there.

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

thanks
can you give me the width of the rail
when i was playing with a regular pic rail the clamp seemed able to go tight enough, but the remaining part of the rail attachment seems to be larger/ wider than a regular rail

I am expecting my M10 tomorrow. I just won it on Gun broker a little over a week ago. They are seriously overpriced and if you can pick one up used you'll save a fortune. I figure i saved $4k. Mine had 10 rounds through it, new in my book. I have some machinist friends that I am going to contact and see how hard it would be to machine extensions. I'd be willing to pay a few bucks if i could save having to buy donor barrels. Used 300 win mag rifles would be the best deal as most people want a 308 or 338 bolt face. I win though because I plan to make a 6.5 and 300 PRC. I'll let you know what i think when it gets here.
Nice! You won't regret it. Used is the way to buy them.

thanks
can you give me the width of the rail
when i was playing with a regular pic rail the clamp seemed able to go tight enough, but the remaining part of the rail attachment seems to be larger/ wider than a regular rail

Yep, the "standard" being different between all manufactures to a degree. Hopefully this will help. This is the Sako M10 dimensions specifically.

lateral-picatinny-rail.JPG

Reactions: brianf
I just picked up my M10 I got off gunbroker. Wow! Super smooth action, incredibly crisp trigger. Very nice! $4k off retail makes it even better. I have a trg 42, but this gun has it beat. Need to get a scope for it. It'll have to wait. My nephew wanted to hang out with me and promptly got bit on the ankle by a damn Rattler, so i have other things to worry about.

I just picked up my M10 I got off gunbroker. Wow! Super smooth action, incredibly crisp trigger. Very nice! $4k off retail makes it even better. I have a trg 42, but this gun has it beat. Need to get a scope for it. It'll have to wait. My nephew wanted to hang out with me and promptly got bit on the ankle by a damn Rattler, so i have other things to worry about.
Nice! Congratulations. The delay in shooting it has to be killing you.

Best wishes and quick healing, shooting can surely wait a little

I hope on Shot Show 2020 Sako will release new calibers for the M10. So far I'm planning to go there and walk around..