• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAko TRG Scope rail

ratton

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2009
Nevada
I saw the Sako TRG 22/42 has a 17mm dove tail scope mount. Anyhow does anyone know if the Accuracy International dovetail scope mount will fit on the Sako. I was thinking it may because I read both are 17mm? I know the AI mount will fit on a Sako Quad. What about the TRG, anyone know?

Re: SAko TRG Scope rail

Get a NEAR Manufacturing base for the TRG. It is arguably the best you will find for the price and it has CNC machined recoil lugs that will fit into the recoil slots on the top of the TRG receiver. I have one...it's great.

Josh

No a AI base will not work. I have to agree the Near is the BEST base for the trg, and in my opnion Richard makes the best optical mounting systems for any rifle!

OK Thank guys

Near Mfg: THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE :cool:

Also, if you are going to be shooting the TRG to its potential, a 20 moa down base is basically a necessity. Sako's base does not have the angle.

I shoot Ken Farrell rings/bases on the TRG after having had issues with my original Sako base and with another high end base. At about $250, the Farrell base and matched rings are not by any means cheap. But they are very, very well made and were a perfect fit. 100% reliability.

Install w. Loctite and a torque wrench. Check torques on rings every time you shoot.

Cheers, Sirhr