• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAKO TRG Sling Removal Question

Tai_Mai_Shu

Private
Minuteman
Hi, I just got my TRG 22 in today. I want to remove the sling assembly that is along the side of the barrel. My question is, did anyone else try removing this piece of metal from the rail. I was able to finally get one of the two screws loose, but the other one is really on there.

When I finally got one of the screws off, I noticed that is looks like SAKO used some type of lock tight compound on the screws. I don't understand why they would do this since they give owners two different options of sling attachments on the front forearm. Any hints on how to get the other screw off without damaging the aluminum rail in the process would be very helpful, thanks.

MOD's, if you need to move this thread please do, I just didn't really think it belonged in the gunsmithing section.
smile.gif

Mike

Re: SAKO TRG Sling Removal Question

Heat the screw head with a electric soldering iron, hot enough to soften the glue then you should be able to back it out.

Re: SAKO TRG Sling Removal Question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: egghead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heat the screw head with a electric soldering iron, hot enough to soften the glue then you should be able to back it out. </div></div>

Great idea, thanks for that. I thought of heat too, but didn't thiink of a soldering iron.
wink.gif

Mike