• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG22/Surefire suppressor questionI have a

John D.

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 2, 2010
CT
I have a Sako TRG22 that should be in any day now. I have a Surefire FA762K can. For the life of me I cannot figure out which MB or FH would fit the Sako, if it is even possible. Thanks.

Re: Sako TRG22/Surefire suppressor questionI have a

You need to contact Sf and ask if they can make you a brake/adapter to fit your threads,otherwise just buy a SF adapter and have your gunsmith work some thread majic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forwardeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to contact Sf and ask if they can make you a brake/adapter to fit your threads,otherwise just buy a SF adapter and have your gunsmith work some thread majic. </div></div>

I sent Surefire an email just a couple of weeks ago asking the very same thing that the OP asked. The only brake they offer in 18x1mm is for the TRG42 in .338, and they won't make anything custom unless it's a large quantity.

EDIT-Which version of the TRG22 did you go with conndcj? I'm supposed to pick up my new DT/20" on Friday.

I will look to see if we make a flash hider.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you know what the thread pattern is? </div></div>

M18x1mm

I bought the 26" in Dark Earth with the phosphated barrel. I have a S&B 5-25 for it and a Spuhr mount from the group buy coming.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: conndcj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought the 26" in Dark Earth with the phosphated barrel. I have a S&B 5-25 for it and a Spuhr mount from the group buy coming. </div></div>

Sounds nice. I'm leaning toward a Hensoldt/S&B with a Spuhr mount myself.

Just get the surefire 338 brake, that's what I will use on my TRG-22 when my can gets here. I currently use the Sako TRG brake, and it works just fine on my TRG-22 even though it was designed for the TRG-42

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alpine 338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just get the surefire 338 brake, that's what I will use on my TRG-22 when my can gets here. I currently use the Sako TRG brake, and it works just fine on my TRG-22 even though it was designed for the TRG-42 </div></div>

The. 338 brake won't work with a 7.62 can. I confirmed that with Surefire when I was asking about the custom threaded brake I mentioned above.

So your saying the Surefire 7.62 can won't go on the Surefire 338 brake? I was under the impression that all the Surefire breaks/cans were standardized ...one size?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alpine 338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So your saying the Surefire 7.62 can won't go on the Surefire 338 brake? I was under the impression that all the Surefire breaks/cans were standardized ...one size? </div></div>

I thought that as well, but Surefire told me it wouldn't work less than two weeks ago.

I took my TRG 22 had the bbl cut down to 20" and threaded for the suppressor that I am going to use. I didn't see any other way.

Jamie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will look to see if we make a flash hider. </div></div>

Any updates chucky?

I'd REALLY like to run a QD capable can so I could switch back and forth easily between my TRG and my AR.

You and me both. I appreciate him looking into it. It would be perfect for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bryanZ06</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will look to see if we make a flash hider. </div></div>

Any updates chucky?

I'd REALLY like to run a QD capable can so I could switch back and forth easily between my TRG and my AR.
</div></div>

I looked an currently the only thing we make in that thread pattern is the 338 muzzle brake but that will not work with our 762 suppressors.

Chuck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked an currently the only thing we make in that thread pattern is the 338 muzzle brake but that will not work with our 762 suppressors.

Chuck </div></div>

Any ideas what kind of quantities would be required for a custom order? As I mentioned above I asked about having a 7.62 brake threaded 18x1 and was told that custom work was only done in "large" quantities. I see a potential market opportunity for Surefire with a 7.62 brake threaded to 18x1 with QD capcbility. It would not only work on Sako rifles, but Tikkas as well and no one else makes one that I'm aware of. Gemtech has a flash suppressor that's 18x1 that works as a mount, but no brake. Surefire already makes brakes in 7.62 and threads the .338 brake for the TRG42 to 18x1. How hard could it be to combine the two and offer a product that no one else does?

Chuck,

Thank you for looking into it. Large orders for a company Surefire's size are probably pretty significant. If anything ever changes, please let us know if you can. Thanks again.