• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako vixen 6ppc question

John D.

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 2, 2010
CT
After over 20 years, I reacquired my Sako Vixen in 6PPC from a friend who no longer shoots (switched to restoring Lotus sports cars. Good luck with that).

It is a single shot, solid action and has Sako's heavy barrel. Does anyone make a "tactical" type stock for it? I checked McMillan's web site and I think the A5 works but I'm not sure. My Sakoese is a little old but the receiver is stamped "A" for action type. Thanks.

After over 20 years, I reacquired my Sako Vixen in 6PPC from a friend who no longer shoots (switched to restoring Lotus sports cars. Good luck with that).

It is a single shot, solid action and has Sako's heavy barrel. Does anyone make a "tactical" type stock for it? I checked McMillan's web site and I think the A5 works but I'm not sure. My Sakoese is a little old but the receiver is stamped "A" for action type. Thanks.

First and first can we see it:) i got a sako 75 mcmilan do make stock for them does yours came with nice wooden stock?

Here are a few pics. The rifle is mint. My friend only fired 11 rounds through it the whole time he had it. Any stocks that would fit would be appreciated. That is the original scope I sold him too. A B&L 6-24. Was quite the set up in its day. =)

20140322_181157_zpsd3qyryuy.jpg

20140322_181145_zpsxfgy7qej.jpg

20140322_181122_zpswzff27li.jpg

20140322_181108_zpsebqadlbn.jpg

I would put it in their Sako varmint stock. I had 2 rifles put in this stock and they are super. The rifle you have is worth a bit more due to it having the holes in the trigger guard for trigger adjustment. Most you see like the 1 you have do not have them. Hold on to the rifle as it looks to be in real good shape. I just sold a Sako Vixen hunter new in the box not long ago in 6ppc. Beautiful rifle and now can kick myself in the ass for letting it go. If i ever find another like it i will snatch it up and only part with it on my death bed.