• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB SALE PENDING - WTB - AI AX Pre14 Rem 700 SA 308 Chassis

Wanting To Buy

IkeEng

Minuteman
Nov 2, 2011
Marshall, VA
****Sale Pending ****
This seems like a longshot but I'm looking for a right hand pre14 AI AX chassis for a short action Rem 700 - 308 Win with the 16" forend tube. I'll take a 13" if that's what you got. Not really worried about the color, but I would prefer in FDE.
I'll post a picture later of the one I had if I can find one.

Cash on hand and ready to go.

Hit me up if you have one or if you have any leads on where I might find one.

Thanks,

Ike

Last edited:
I got a green and black one I could part with, it's in new condition comes with 16 in forearm and one 300 win mag magazine and some rails, want $1000 for it. Let me know if your interested.
Thanks

I got a green and black one I could part with, it's in new condition comes with 16 in forearm and one 300 win mag magazine and some rails, want $1000 for it. Let me know if your interested.
Thanks
I see what I did there. I wrote 308 WinMag instead of 308 Win. Edited post to correct. I know that they're both long action Rem 700 chassis but I don't think I can use a 300 win mag chassis for a 308 win barreled action. If one of them is specifically for a 308 and you've got a mag for it. I'll take it for 1K no problem.

They are the same action. You just would need 30/06 magazines. As long as yours is a long action.

You sure it's a long action?....Most .308's are in short actions. What's the distance between your action screws?

You sure it's a long action?....Most .308's are in short actions. What's the distance between your action screws?
Sorry for the delayed response. I was out of town for the holiday weekend. I'll measure the distance between the screws tonight and post the info tomorrow.

Thanks.

Well, this is embarrassing. At 6.5 inches between the action bolts it does appear that I should be looking for a short action chassis.

After 5 years, I guess I should have pulled the barreled action out of cold storage and looked at it before making the post looking for a unicorn chassis. Thanks AXMC for getting me to do what I should have done in the first place. I appreciate it.

My apologies. Post edited.

Last edited:
Nothing to worry about....just would have hated to see you find one and then it wouldn't work!

I received a DM from SingleShot85 and I have taken him up on his offer for the chassis that he has. Transaction is pending. Updated Post to reflect status change.

Thanks to all who viewed and commented.

Ike