• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Salt Lake Police shoot Hostage taker- not done too well

Woof, risky shot. Better to be lucky than good sometimes. And yeah good riddance.

71CAAD08-917C-4EC9-BACC-634B31B17CC5.jpeg

Very easy to be critical of the officers, but they did their job. Only 15% of shots in police shootings hit their target. Heartbeats were high, stress high, I'd say the officers acted properly and followed their training. I'm sure certain politicians will be go off the deep end and criticize and call out that this could of been de-escalated. Would be riots if the perp was black. A criminal was shot, didn't matter what color.

Very easy to be critical of the officers, but they did their job. Only 15% of shots in police shootings hit their target. Heartbeats were high, stress high, I'd say the officers acted properly and followed their training. I'm sure certain politicians will be go off the deep end and criticize and call out that this could of been de-escalated. Would be riots if the perp was black. A criminal was shot, didn't matter what color.

This is the equivalent of putting a female in the NFL, her going offsides, and then nearly fumbling a shitty pass into the hands of the other team. Ray Charles could tell the only thing that saved that hostage's life was the criminal's unwillingness to execute her. You don't get an A for effort when you fuck the dog that much, you get benched.

i’m a pretty good shot, but i’ll step right up and tell you i am damn glad that wasnt me that had to make that shot. the consequences of it going wrong are very high. if the hostage was unhurt, i have NOTHING bad to say.

Reactions: MadDuner
The female officer’s voice is so shrill. Seems like they missed him a bunch at first. Last few shots on the way down made pink mist.
First shot hit from the female officer, you can see the immediate reaction. Shots 2 and 3 (female) no call, 4 hit (female), after those the hostage was clear enough for follow ups and the male officer making pink mist.

Reactions: sea2summit
Movies skew what is expected so anything but an un-aimed snapshot from the hip double tap of the forehead is unacceptable. It's easy to second guess a fast happening fluid situation like that. If everybody on this board took that shot I'll wager many would do worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: j-huskey

Fifteen percent is outstanding compared to the US military. In Vietnam 250,000 rounds of small arms ammunition were expended for every known causality. Those causalities included artillery, air bombardment, etc.

Shit you guys, bunch of Wyatt Earps round here. I call 1, 3, and 4 into the guy from the female officer. Fucking excellent shooting. Of course the guy made pink mist on the way down after he was clear of the hostage and had an unimpeded shot. Good job, Ms. Officer.

Good shooting or not that was one very lucky hostage.

Reactions: candyx
Got all excited as gravity took hold of the criminal's body at the end of the mag dump, Officer kept her promise and all turned out well. One lucky hostage not to have been cut or shot.

Yeah, interesting to hear y’all’s take on this. I’m not criticizing the shooting quality, but I am pretty sure I wouldn’t have taken such a risky shot. Good point that when the situation is that dangerous you take A shot, not your PREFERRED shot.

I am so glad I’m not a police officer. What an incredibly difficult job, and it’s not like it pays accordingly.

Yeah, interesting to hear y’all’s take on this. I’m not criticizing the shooting quality, but I am pretty sure I wouldn’t have taken such a risky shot. Good point that when the situation is that dangerous you take A shot, not your PREFERRED shot.

I am so glad I’m not a police officer. What an incredibly difficult job, and it’s not like it pays accordingly.

I wasnt there and am not second guessing the officer but I think I would have waited. It didnt seem like the dead guy was really wanting to kill the victim just a scared asshole. Had the shot gone bad it would likely have hit the vic in the head or neck killing them anyway, so I think I would have waited. But thats just me. Glad it all worked out for the vic.

I don't agree with the mag dump but Hank play stupid games Win stupid prizes. I think the officer in the street should take in the first shot he could have when the hostage was taken ... plenty of opportunity.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
I think everyone is thinking the female officer was farther away than she really is. Gotta remember those cameras wide angle like a GoPro so she was probably within 7 yards or so. But would I have the confidence to squeeze one off when she did? Fuck, I’m not sure..and I practice a lot.

I am all about finishing the job they started though, “hostage” which I’m assuming was a girlfriend or helper in whatever he just did by her actions, wasn’t outside of his reach until dude finally decided to take the room temperature challenge.

he was just turning his life around. dintdo nuffin. another future brain surgeon lost.

lots more info in that link.

• Haha
Reactions: stilesg57
I think everyone is thinking the female officer was farther away than she really is. Gotta remember those cameras wide angle like a GoPro so she was probably within 7 yards or so. But would I have the confidence to squeeze one off when she did? Fuck, I’m not sure..and I practice a lot.

I am all about finishing the job they started though, “hostage” which I’m assuming was a girlfriend or helper in whatever he just did by her actions, wasn’t outside of his reach until dude finally decided to take the room temperature challenge.
I was thinking the same thing about distance

he was just turning his life around. dintdo nuffin. another future brain surgeon lost.

lots more info in that link.

Well luckily he got to enjoy his final days outside of Jail where he was supposed to be because of COVID. Yet another senseless COVID death, wear your masks lol.

Nice shooting. The officers were probably twice as close as what the wide angle lens body cam videos depict. Its hard to tell from the videos where on the perp the first shot landed, though. It certainly took a while for the perp to fall. Head shots are usually an on/off switch.

This whole thing is weird, one the dude didn’t plan on killing the victim here because he would have done so already if that was the intent, two I’m not sure why victim didn’t just take off running as the perp originally did not have a good hold imo. Third, what was up with all the weird groaning and moaning? Me thinks victim must have been high as a kite as it wasn’t the officers moaning and it wasn’t the perp because he yells out that he stopped and was quite lucid. So that leaves the victim moaning and groaning and if said Vic was high as a kite that would explain the lack of movement from them and the weird slow walk posture. I don’t know. Very strange. But play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

Damn good initial shot on all accounts.

Stress of the situation then pulling the trigger. The follow-up shots are all muscle memory at that point. Female officer was lacing him up in the body since he gave her the quartering angle then a GREAT side profile. Initial shot, the next two....then the whole upper body as the victim moved away. Sure anything else COULD have happened....but it didn't. Dirt nap for the stupid one.....

That's the difference though. Law abiding folks don't much give a damn when trash gets taken out. No riots, no looting, just one less piece of shit to ruin someone's day (or life).

The hostage was his buddy/accomplice (male), both were on something.

Guess I'd better loot a Target just in case this guy was a victim of nebulous systemic oppression.
That would be funny, tells his buddy I'll pretend to take you as a hostage using my knife and the Police will let us go.......