• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Same old question NF vs USO

Jin308to408

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2014
Calumet,IN
Hello everyone, I am Jin and new here. I used to do 308 with NF Atacr. recently I am building another 338La rifle and try to get 1500+, but I am facing a old problem. Pick NF or USO?

Currently I'm looking at NF Beast 5-25 and USO er25 5-25. Both are near same price. I ready need everyone's opinion. Thanks !

Go with the BEAST or the new Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27X and you'll be more than ready for the range the 338LM can cover.!!!

You couldn't give me another USO, nothing but problems and they take way to long to fix. Many times they don't get fixed either. For me it would be beast vs S&B 5-25 if 5-25 is what you want. The beast leaves a bit to be desired with the knobs though. I'm a diehard NF user because I've found no other scope that matches their reliability but I just went S&B for a 5-25 if that tells you anything.

You couldn't give me another USO, nothing but problems and they take way to long to fix. Many times they don't get fixed either. For me it would be beast vs S&B 5-25 if 5-25 is what you want. The beast leaves a bit to be desired with the knobs though. I'm a diehard NF user because I've found no other scope that matches their reliability but I just went S&B for a 5-25 if that tells you anything.

Thanks redneckbmxer,
I have consider S&B before, but when I start build a 338, I found that I am a little bit short of budget, Cz last month bought new car for my wife. and SB is 4k+, beast is 3K+.
I know that SB is the top, I can save it for the next time with 408.

Thanks redneckbmxer,
I have consider S&B before, but when I start build a 338, I found that I am a little bit short of budget, Cz last month bought new car for my wife. and SB is 4k+, beast is 3K+.
I know that SB is the top, I can save it for the next time with 408.

Call around, you'd be surprised what you can get one for.

Thanks Rob,
just checked Vortex's web. looks like very appropriate to what I want. How about the Vortex's HD compare to NF's ED lens? any other pors and cons?

Call around, you'd be surprised what you can get one for.

I know that most people will suggest S&B, But I have never use or try a S&B before, I have no idea about what is a best advantages about S&B compare to NF beast?
Thanks redneckbmxer, I really need those infos to make my decision.

Thanks rob, Just checked Vortex's web, looks like its very appropriate to what I want.. how about Vortex's HD lens compare to NF's ED lens, any pors or cons?

Thanks rob, Just checked Vortex's web, looks like its very appropriate to what I want.. how about Vortex's HD lens compare to NF's ED lens, any pors or cons?

Look at the write ups. Myself and a few other people I know looked through the Razor II and my S&B 5-25 and couldn't tell the difference in the glass. If it is on par with S&B I am sure it will be there with the NF.

Ho Lee Phuc.

NF v. USO…

Hahahahahaha.

It cost me close to $15k to have 1st hand info to answer this one.

Nightforce.

You hear people say "Buy once, cry once'.

How about "Buy once, get it done 1st fucking attempt."

Unless, you just want pen pals in Brea, CA.

Ho Lee Phuc.

NF v. USO…

Hahahahahaha.

It cost me close to $15k to have 1st hand info to answer this one.

Nightforce.

You hear people say "Buy once, cry once'.

How about "Buy once, get it done 1st fucking attempt."

Unless, you just want pen pals in Brea, CA.

Thanks very much 997/2man !!!
this certainly make sure my mind, go for NF beast. BTW, Does USO really that worthless?

ive only owned a second hand USO, and it is a fixed 10, and I like it very much. I'd say if you can get the USO second hand for a really good price then it'd be a decent buy. If buying new Id stick to NF products, except the beast can lick my taint. Never owned a vortex product, havent found the need to yet.

I'd take a look at the new Vortex, or maybe some of the Steiner, March, or Kahles optics before I considered either one to be honest. Hell, I don't see myself buying another S&B as it seems like everyone else is coming out with good glass and well built packages with better warranties these days. There are way too many good options out there to limit myself to the BEAST or an optic from USO.

I own the USO you are comparing to. I don't own a Beast, but do own 3 ATACRs. The glass on the ATACR is better than the USO IMHO, so the Beast should also be better.