• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sammy Davis Jr Gunslinger

BytorJr

Two Star General
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2018
Was watching The Rifleman today, down with whopper sinus infection, so not much else to do that I want to do (like clean). Anyway, Sammy Davis Jr was on it. Amazing actually. Here's a blurry video of one of the shows he did:

And the one from The Rifleman:

88f35dd9c71ebfdc8ca0300ba7665293.gif

iu

Was watching The Rifleman today, down with whopper sinus infection, so not much else to do that I want to do (like clean). Anyway, Sammy Davis Jr was on it. Amazing actually. Here's a blurry video of one of the shows he did:

And the one from The Rifleman:

I wonder if Alec Baldwin checked his six shooter?

Could that be why Lucus was pissed?

• Haha
Reactions: BytorJr
Jerry Lewis was into fast draw too.

RAPID CITY, S.D. (KOTA) - Western movies were a force to be reckoned with in the early to mid 50s. Captivation infected the public. Now, some live out the tales left in their wake.

The World Fast Draw Association was born.

Frank Laton, the Vice Chairman of the World Fast Draw Association, explains the origins of the gun sport.

“This was started in 1954. You know who started it? The movie stars. Every Radio station or TV station was saying their guy was the fastest, he’s the fastest. So, you had Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Jerry Lewis, Clint Eastwood, Glenn Ford and they actually started this,” says Laton.

Last edited:
I laughed my ass off when I saw him on that show as a gunslinger. Apparently he was a target shooter who did cowboy competitions.
On The Rifleman he was formerly with Buffalo Bill's Circus as a trick shot. His dad had gotten killed by a group of trail hands. His dad had gotten the sheriff when the trail hands were basically raping the woman. Sheriff did nothing. So when he grew up he killed the 5 trail hands. Then 7 more because he had a reputation. He came back to get the badge because he disrespected that town's badge since it did nothing and his "pa" was killed.

I just wonder how long he had to practice to handle that revolver like that. Was it specially weighted, etc?