• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sample pack load development

danatkins

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2017
Trying to find a bullet my 6.5 likes since I got bit by the exploding 147s and it doesn't like the 120 gmx. I'm debating either the 129 or 142 ablr for critters and ran across sample packs. What would you all recommend doing on these? A ladder or 3 round ocw groups or something else?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201202-200738_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201202-200738_Chrome.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 16
12 rounds per pack? At $0,79 per plus shipping? You may as well buy a whole box and sell any leftovers on the px.

Reactions: Supersubes
I’ve shot both those in various 6.5’s. No special requirements, and they pressure like other short bearing surface match bullets in 6.5. If you want heavy just buy a box of 142’s.

I'm debating between the 2. Then again it may come down to what's available

I'm debating between the 2. Then again it may come down to what's available

Graf's has the 142 in stock, and bass pro has the 129 in stock. Both $58/100, but Bass pro will float you free shipping.
Look at the powders you have - does that steer you one weight or another? If not, pick the one you know deep down you want to try. Probably 142 since you were already running 147s.