• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sampson EVO rail ?'s

tomme boy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2007
Iowa 52732
Has anyone had any problem with their rail not ligning up straight with the flat top of their reciever? Mine is angling up. I do not like it. An if you have, what fixed it?

Re: Sampson EVO rail ?'s

I have a 12" Evo rail and had a bear of a time sighting in my irons. I started researching it an found my rail was angled up too. I called Samson (very nice folks) and Andrew's advice was:

"Loosen the two screws a little bit
Pinch the barrel and top part of the rail together (or hold down on the rail)
Tighten the rear screw snug
Tighten the front screw snug
Tighten the rear screw
Tighten the front screw"

He also said you can really tighten the screws, as long as the parts that go over the barrel nut are on right you won't hurt it.

It *should* be pretty well level. If not you can adjust by how much pressure you hold down on the rail when tightening the screws.

Of note, I haven't shot mine since I adjusted it but with the short level I have it's pretty level now.

Re: Sampson EVO rail ?'s

Tried to hold it down the last time I tried to get it level. I went to the range to shoot it and by the end of the day it had moved up.It will not tighten any farther, The two halfs are touching. I think I am just going to send it to Sampson to see if they can get it to work. This rail has been replaced already for the same problem. I was one of the very first to get one of these. The first one was worse than this one. I talked to Andrew a while back and he sent me a new one. The one I have.