• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Samsung S4 coming standard with some useful features.

JWV

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2009
Mich State Univ, East Lansing
I was just reading about this phone and I see that it is going to be equipped with a thermometer, barometer,humidity sensors. It will also have a digital gyro and compass. Combined with a GPS program like essentials as well as a ballistic app this could be a very useful smartphone! It would be cool to see a ballistic app that automatically integrated these readings into data inputs. Granted these gizmos do what they are suppose to. I am up for a new phone so I think I may order one up and see how it does.

Samsung will be releasing a ruggedized version of the Galaxy S4 in the next couple of months, might want to wait a bit if you plan on using it primarily for a ballistics/gps outdoor device.
Rugged Samsung Galaxy S4 Active coming in July

Also, Shaka has an iphone plug in wind meter coming out, initially for iPhone, but they say they're working on an Android version.
Shaka wind meter for iPhone

The ruggedized GS4 w/ Shaka wind meter will be a great setup.