• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors San Antonio gives new silencer law some press

Re: San Antonio gives new silencer law some press

so, how do "silencers" go against "making a humane kill"?

As if poachers would allow the law against hunting with silencers stop them if it were still in effect...

I think the guy quoted about humane kills may feel that the animal not being able to hear the first shot in case of a miss may not run, and therefore it's somehow less sporting, that's all I can come up with. Whatever, everybody is entitled to an opinion. He's welcome to be as sporting as he'd like in my book, I'd like to see him hunt with a spear or atlatl, that's being a sportsman! I'll err on the side of being hearing safe, I am very pleased with the new regs and like many think it's way overdue. I'm somewhat surprised to hear as I have that some hunters are opposed to silencer use for deer, as I really don't understand their qualm. No matter where you are there's always some crotchetty fuck who doesn't want to do something or doesn't like it and therefore thinks you shouldn't be allowed to. I defer to my signature below.

Obviously the person who wrote the article doesn't know alot about NFA topics as he implies that the new game regs require a special permit to be able to use a silencer for hunting, but it doesn't. He may have been confused about the tax stamp/ATF approval for ownership aspect, but there is no state permit here in TX.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: </div><div class="ubbcode-body">Longview hunter Earl Ates, a lifelong National Rifle Association member, says he doubts the benefits of silent hunting, though, and worries about its use for poaching and other illegal activities. He says silencers "can also go against making a humane kill." </div></div>

Gee, another NRA member against the use of legal firearms. What a surprise. I suppose he is against bows, snares, traps and other less noisy methods of hunting?

Ranb