• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up San Diego PEEPS!!!

Bruiser_Joe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2009
Hell
who is down to meet up and do some training? I just got home i'm itching to get out with some like minded peeps and shoot long guns. I got a private 700 we can play with or if someone else knows a good place i'm all ears. Lets get something rolling. LA folks or anyone else is welcome too. maybe a bbq and a range day?

I'm in. Running short on cash, but I got a new R700 AAC-SD that needs to be sighted in. Weather is perfect and I too have been aching to get out there. What are you thinking of shooting? Bolt guns, gassers, both, etc.

Adults only or kids too?

Oh yeah, I'm Carmel Mountain area.

we can do whatever, the wife and kids can come but the long gun stuff usually bores mine fairly quickly. If guys want to seriously train or run any type of drills probably leave the "others" at home. figure lets get some ideas, maybe set something up for the close peeps here soon but we could do something bigger if enough people want to meet up.

Joe,
I am relatively new to precision rifle shooting but would like to get some range time. I live in the LA area but am in San Diego often.
Thank you,
Brian

I'm happy coming alone. Looking forward to trying to make some nice groups.

I need to see what I got coming up, hopefully before the PRS finale cuz I'm going to it (to RO) but still need a good range day ;)

And I should add...welcome back, Big Joe. I'm glad you made it back in country. Once I clear some brush, I'd be more than happy to have some Hide members out to my house for some 900 yard shooting and some tri tips cooked low and slow.

Will do. I'm meeting with a fire chief tomorrow regarding using their department's tracked vehicle with a forestry attachment, if all goes well it'll make quick work of the 6' brush. I'm out in the rural east county of SD.

900 yards, wow. I'll bring some hot sauce. Permission to bring a Barrett 416?

Hi, my name is BigCheese, I don't know any of you. I live in Ramona, San Diego... and I like guns :eek:

Toast, permission granted! Being the unofficial Range Master, I'll have to test fire it for safety purposes.

Fire chief is coming out this afternoon, hopefully I'll be operational in about one month. Shooting from the neighbor's property should get us a good 1400 yards. Not too shabby for a private range. Big Joe, when you pick up the Accuracy International unicorn, you're more than welcome to store it here. You don't want the wife pawning it for jewelry.

Also, if anybody local reloads, I'd love to get into it if you're willing to teach a greenhorn.

Hell yeah private 1400!!!! San Diego crew might finally start getting together! I need to start loading too.

If anybody in the SD group has a Cat D5 or a line on any dozer or excavator for rent, feel free to chime in. I ain't lookin for freebies, but a discount sure would be nice. I definitely have the land to stretch out our rifles' legs.

I've considered goats, but they take some time. And attract coyotes. But I'm sure Big Joe has access to NV.
Sounds like we may have a decent size group.

We can be the SoSocal shooters lol, I need more buddies to drive to matches with

ok after this weekend i'm heading out to the range, going to the dunes over the weekend and then i'm down anyway next week. If nobody is available i'll just pick a day as i have to see if i can schedule the range.

I'm going out this weekend to the desert to shoot, but keep me posted when you guys get together. I would love to shoot with more people.

I'm down. I just picked up 150 rounds of 308. Need some 6.5 creedmoor.

Hello, I am in Long Beach and would like to join you guys. When it's time, if anybody near the LB area wants to ride down together keep me in mind.

I'm in as long as I'm invited! I'm in San Juan and finding places to reach out and touch someone is tough around here. Any dates set?

I am really interested in all this. Deployed a lot but back home until about 19 Jan. Anything going on from now until then?

I'm in, just gotta finagle a day away from school or on a weekend. There's a private range out in Escondido that has areas that can be used for carbine/handgun drills simultaneously with a LR range with steel set to 1 mi, usually charges $250-300/day to rent if you know them, might be an option if enough people get together and want to do it. I also have a ton of AR500 and stands we can use.

ok i have to get on the range here soon. Its past the holidays lets set up a range day.

I'm down! I love in Erie pa right now but in June in moving to Temecula. I grew up in San Clemente. I would love to shoot with you! It sounds like you could easily start a club! So. Cal. Needs somewhere we can shoot at distance. Please let us know when you plan on some range time.

I'm still clearing some brush, but right now I have 300 yards and working on the 800 yard portion. The dry conditions have limited the use of heavy equipment due to fire danger, but progress, albeit slow, is still being made.

Thanks for the update! Keep up the good work. If you need help I can grab a few guys to come over so you aren't flying solo. Just PM me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Waveslayer, I may just take you up on that. I'll see how it goes in the next couple of weeks and contact you.

I have an assload of steel and stands we can use (4 12"x12" plates, 2-3 8" rounds, 8 5" rounds) and I can temper more with scrap steel in the ovens I have up here at UCLA. It'll be nice to shoot with guys who actually think about where their rounds are going, instead of guys 2 degrees of separation from Tex Grebner.

Nice rain should cool things down. Let us know if we can help get things set up. Even bring some sammiches and a cooler of cold drinks and positive attitudes.

I'm still available as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If I'm town I too will help. Just let us all know!

Obviously we are all dying for a long range shooting location within reasonable distance!

Hi. I'm new here. However I have access to private land in Julian you want rolling hills,flat, woods with clearings ect.... Lived there for 10 yrs. I'm down for whatever,whenever. If you got the itch. Be cool to have some fun. Anytime. I can bring deer, home grown cow, fish. and just chew the fat after were done. Can bring a cook if we need :) sorry for the late post but like I said i'm new. Can share some of my reloading know how for .308 and 30-06. loads.

Hi. I'm new here. However I have access to private land in Julian you want rolling hills,flat, woods with clearings ect.... Lived there for 10 yrs. I'm down for whatever,whenever. If you got the itch. Be cool to have some fun. Anytime. I can bring deer, home grown cow, fish. and just chew the fat after were done. Can bring a cook if we need :) sorry for the late post but like I said i'm new. Can share some of my reloading know how for .308 and 30-06. loads.

Well there are a few shooters in Julian. We will have to hook up and do some shooting

I'm down waveslayer. BigJoe29 We have all kinds of terrain flat, rolling hills.rocky hills, woods and sticks. what yall want. Weird huh. Distance beyond what wee need. Practice have fun and eat good food. I'm down for girlfriends,wifes,kids. We do our thing while they do theirs. All good. when were done ,We chew the fat till u need to go home.