• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

San Francisco Considers Protection for Criminals

KillShot

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 25, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Wow...really?! Okay, so you didn't 'get a shot, not a shot'. Whose fault is that, exactly?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A legislative proposal in San Francisco seeks to make ex-cons and felons a protected class, along with existing categories of residents like African-Americans, people with disabilities and pregnant women. If passed by city supervisors, landlords and employers would be prohibited from asking applicants about their criminal past.

Supporters say it's an effort to help former offenders get back on their feet, but critics call the concept a crime in itself.

"My mother is an immigrant, my mother-in-law is a Jew and I'm a gay man. Those are all protected categories, but you're going to put a felon in there as a protected category? That's not right," said Andrew Long, a board member of the San Francisco Apartment Association.

But ex-cons contend they're immediately disqualified by employers and landlords reluctant to trust anyone with a rap sheet.

"People don't want to hire felons," says Monique Love, who served time five years ago on a drug offense. Clean and sober now, she says boxes on application forms asking about criminal history unfairly discriminate against her. At one recent interview, Monique says she never got the chance to tell her story of recovery and rehabilitation.

"I didn't get a shot. Not a shot," she says. "As soon as he saw that box was checked, the boss was like, 'I'm sorry, we can't help you.'"</div></div>

Source - Fox News

Re: San Francisco Considers Protection for Criminals

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"People don't want to hire felons," says Monique Love, who served time five years ago on a drug offense.</div></div>

Gee, I wonder why. Anyone know the recidivism rate of addicts?

I think this is a wonderful idea. It needs to be played all the way out to its logical conclusion.

Some wackos come up with these things, and no amount of reason will turn them from their goals. They need to have their noses rubbed deep and hard into the actual conseqences of their feeble minded utopian dreams.

When their plans don't quite deliver their desires, they simply pile it all on deeper and wider.

So I say, go for it Frisco. Be the poster child for kumbayah wisdom. Be the first kids on your block to get a fresh taste of raw reality.

Greg

"My mother is an immigrant, my mother-in-law is a Jew and I'm a gay man. <span style="font-weight: bold">Those are all protected categories</span>, but you're going to put a felon in there as a protected category? That's not right,"

Protected categories? What happened to "all men are created equal"?

So does that mean (if it passes) that firearm dealers can't ask people if they are felons when they apply to buy a gun.

How about the SF Police Dept, will they be able to Ask about criminal history of future employees.

Or renting apartments next to a school for a convicted child molestor.

San Fran is in a class all its own. Who elects these morons?

Good one Greg!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think this is a wonderful idea. It needs to be played all the way out to its logical conclusion.
So I say, go for it Frisco. Be the poster child for kumbayah wisdom. Be the first kids on your block to get a fresh taste of raw reality.
Greg </div></div>

VERY well put Greg!!
Next thing ya know, they get their protected rights and some 3rd level child abuser is going to be working at the local pre-school.

Gawd I'm glad I don't live there - there's just something WRONG with the mentality in SF..

If Dirty Harry couild see what became of his city he'd have moved in 1973....LOL

And here I was thinking that the whole "punishment" for whatever "crime" was supposed to be the DETERRENT to those actually contemplating criminal acts.

Whatinhellisnext, they're gonna say "prison" don't match (their) shoes, ergo (they) should be protected from being forced into such a dismal place?

Me thinks the point of LOGIC has evaded the masses, there.

And to think Arnold made millions off his heavy gun movies but yet as Governer did nothing to make that state more gun friendly or more American.California needs to be given back to Mexico and let them deal with all the killers ,illegals,drugs,and just plane stupid people that live there.
Not our shooting brothers of course,who are rather by the few as a voting group.

The quicker these morons completely bumble-fuck up their state/nation the sooner we can get on with the revolution that the rest of us are patently waiting for...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"People don't want to hire felons," says Monique Love, who served time five years ago on a drug offense.</div></div>

Gee, I wonder why. Anyone know the recidivism rate of addicts?</div></div>

I don't know about that, but the recidivism rate for all those in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice is just north of 85 percent for all felons, not just drug offenses. Although most offenses involve drugs somewhere down the line.