• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing sandblasters

blaserman33

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2011
Phoenix,AZ
can anyone reccomend a small,inexpensive blasting gun to use for blasting a couple guns to be Cerakote'd exclusively? I am hoping to find something between $20-$30 like you can get at Harbor Freight but am wondering if anyone has tried them so I don't end up frustrated and stuck with a worthless gun? I really don't have any uses for it other than the 3-4 guns I want to re-finish. Any advice is appreciated.

Re: sandblasters

I've used a couple of the HF guns successfully for Moly Resin coating, which is similar to Ceracoat.

I have a Craftsman with the plastic hopper that holds 50# of sand. It's been used quite a bit and still going strong.

If you've got a Tractor Supply near you check out the cheap Clarke bench top models. They'll leak media on you but they're cheap and they get the job done.