• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sanding muzzle brake?

diderr

The Patch Guy
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2013
Gillette, Wyoming
datapatches.com
I just got a new Thunder Beast muzzle brake and it was so close to being perfect without shims that I decided to sand fit the back. I got it perfect. Now my question is in the future when I get a thunder beast suppressor should I replace this break with a new one? I barley sanded the back down. I only needed a couple of degrees to get it where I needed. I don’t know if this is the right way but off of a level surface the brake stayed perfect level (not leaning)
The thunder beast suppressors come with a free muzzle brake so maybe it’s worth having the new brake machined on a lathe to fit the barrel?

Attachments

• A0B784E0-8C43-45FC-8B96-5028504B2F45.jpeg
    A0B784E0-8C43-45FC-8B96-5028504B2F45.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 56
This is doable as long as you dont dont introduce misalignment by unevenly removing material off the back. The recommended method is to use peel washers or have the barrel machined. Your brake should have come with peel washers.

Reactions: diderr
It came with peel washers but the brake was so close without is was hard to get a perfect torque alignment. I think when I get the actual suppressor I’ll just put on the new one that comes with it and use actual shims versus the peel washer

Last edited:
This is doable as long as you dont dont introduce misalignment by unevenly removing material off the back. The recommended method is to use peel washers or have the barrel machined. Your brake should have come with peel washers.

if he did some small finish sanding where the brake face was placed on a flat surface like a trued flat marble slab or something similar, i wouldnt see any issues with that. would be easy to be uniform. he will need to visually check alignment down the bore when the suppressor is screwed on.

Use the peel washers that come with it as instructed. Don’t try to re-engineer TBAC’s methods.
Also……BRAKE.
Also..... overthinking.

Last edited:
Flat sanding? You are fine as long as you did like a super said. might rust or whatever, but functionally I can’t see why it isn’t G2G.

@TBACRAY

On second thought, not everyone knows how to flatsand. You could have fucked it up. The fact that you are asking has me questioning it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1911hombre
I’ll just either get a suppressor alignment rod or use a new MB with the suppressor. I won’t risk blowing up a $1400 suppressor

You do what you want but I don't think thats necessary. Visually check alignment down the bore. If you see something other than a circle of light then you can be concerned