• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sandstorm Gemtech / Surefire / AAC Scar heavy 7.62

Rigamortous

Minuteman
Jun 5, 2006
Charlestown, Indiana
I want to get one more can, this time for the 7.62
I have narrowed down my choice's (or wishlist) to :
Sandstorm Gemtech
Surefire FA 7.62 SS
AAC Scar heavy
Anyone have any experience with any of these ? Any complaints ?
Also, does anyone know of a dealer that has any of these in stock ?
I would like the QD mount, but I am not 100% stuck to that though.
Thanks
Riga

Re: Sandstorm Gemtech / Surefire / AAC Scar heavy 7.62

That is crazy quiet
smile.gif

Thanks for the link
Riga

Please don't disregaurd Shark Suppressors, they are a SH vendor.

I have never heard of a Shark Suppressor until now. I looked up their site http://www.sharksuppressors.com/Catalog.aspx and read the spec's and watched the video's. It is an impressive unit. I did a quick search here on the hide and there are a lot of positive comments about the Shark.
Gives me something else to consider, Thanks,
Riga

Check OPS INC and AAC, I would stay away from gemtech...I had a gemturd HVT not a fan.

Zink

anyone know who has the AAC SCAR-H in stock i want to get one for my ar10 SASS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SEPUL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone know who has the AAC SCAR-H in stock i want to get one for my ar10 SASS </div></div>

Call AAC and ask for a list of stocking dealers in your area.

Call GAP and Surgeon to see what they have to say about the SF?

For a precision rifle I would go with a SureFire. Because of the mounting adaptor they index to the same spot everytime which means your point of impact shift will be the same everytime you put it on. They are also very quiet.

Chuck

I've got a AAC Cyclone K that threads on and has improved accuracy on my gun.

I have a AAC Cyclone... works great I alsohave SAS 30 caliber can works great and you can't beat the price... Call Tim up at SAS if you are willing to wait and get a reasonably priced can... I also have a couple of Gemtech cans although none are 30 cailber they work great to...

The only problem I've heard with the AAC SCAR H is that the mount is kinda leaky and tends to dirty up your nice optics on a bolt gun - but it IS the miter mount which is nice. On a AR10 where the handguard would probably serve to block the gas from the mount, it would be excellent. I'm waiting on the 762 SD, but I've heard everything from "it's great" to "it's really inaccurate" on boltguns. Probably shoulda gone Cyclone - haven't heard anything but good reports on that one. I just wanted to be able to use it on several platforms. Got the brake mount on the 700, and saving the blackout mount for the Keltec RFB if they ever get far enough down the list to send me mine!
smile.gif

Don't ever do what the brain surgeon on the first video did.....fuck with your closed bolt rifle standing in front of it. Another Darwin award recipient in training.

The SF is nice because it has only a slight POI shift, however its extremely loud. (keep in mind this isnt quantifiable but i heard a rifle from accuracy speaks with the SF can on it; we were on an open sniper range too so there was nothing amplifying noise and it was still loud.

I wouldnt discredit the Gemtech HVT, im not sure how it does for POI shift but it is one of the quietest .30 cal cans out there. The AAC model im not sure about I dont follow them much they have so many new products out there all the time but i know one of thier 30 cal cans is a real winner im just not sure which. As for the Sandstorm if it has similar DB reduction to the HVT i would probably go with it. The Ops 12th model is nice but its super long and heavy, however also probably the most durable of any 30 cal unit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> As for the Sandstorm if it has similar DB reduction to the HVT i would probably go with it. </div></div>

I can tell you from first hand experience that the Sandstorm is as quiet, if not quieter to my ear than the HVT. Same thing with accuracy, same or possibly better. It's really light and the POI shift was 1 moa lower on my bolt gun (used at 100yds) with the suppressor.

-X

The AAC Scar-H SD isn't out yet but I have one on order from Major Malfunction in Oklahoma.
I also have one of David's Shark suppressors that I run on a bolt gun and it is great. I just wanted a QD for a semiauto 308 project.

You will hardly tell the difference between MOST major .30 cal cans. typically get the shortest and lightest. I speak from experience, having more cans I dont use than those I do.