• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors sandstorm suppressor

rundm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2005
TX
Has anyone used or have a sandstorm 30 cal suppressor? I have been thinking of getting one but have not quite pulled the trigger yet because of the cost over some of the others out there that I could get for much less. I keep hearing about them but have not talked to anyone with first hand experience. Would just like to know what people that have actually used them have to say about them.

Re: sandstorm suppressor

i have heard they are a good can, wish i could tell you from first hand exp. i think i may purchase one this year.

The sandstorm is super light, feels like a pistol can. Around 13oz I think. Performance is supposed to be comparable to other .30 cal cans. I haven't shot mine yet, my tax stamp should be back within a week or two.

-dan

The sandstorm is an excellent silencer. As said it is very light,13.3oz I believe. I manage a an FFL/SOT and have used quite a few cans to say the least and the sandstorm is one of my favorite 30cal cans. It also works great on 300wm. You would not be disappointed if you get one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sp95</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sandstorm is an excellent silencer. As said it is very light,13.3oz I believe. I manage a an FFL/SOT and have used quite a few cans to say the least and the sandstorm is one of my favorite 30cal cans. It also works great on 300wm. You would not be disappointed if you get one. </div></div>

+1 on the .300WM, I almost forgot about that. I have used my Sandstorm on .300WM with great success.

-X

I like mine. It is hearing safe.

You can ask others at the Missouri pumpkin shoot what they think.

rem700sps_tactical-3.jpg

Great can for the price. Gemtech is also selling the Quicksand, which is a bilock version of the Sandstorm. I have exp. with the HVT on 300 WM and results were excellent. FFL/SOT in Texas, drop me a pm if I can help

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: feely1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great can for the price. Gemtech is also selling the Quicksand, which is a bilock version of the Sandstorm. I have exp. with the HVT on 300 WM and results were excellent.</div></div>
+1 on that, i have 2, HVT and G5 both bi-lock, both are very accurate with minimal POI shift, and when your out in the field they don't make the ratcheting noise if you need to attach your can @ or befor a set.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bi-lock sucks for many different reasons.

You don't want it. </div></div>

Any reasons other than slight gas blowback from the back of the can and sometimes the spring in the can gets gummed up?

I have a M4-96D that I use on a couple diffeent rifles and it works great.

-dan

Try finding a Dealer that has them in stock or a demo example of one. There are as many 30 Cal silencers out there as there are opinions about them. I primarily shoot a ScarHSD on an AR platform, but the Gemtech 30 Cal cans are all very quiet. The main advantage in the Sandstorm will be weight, The HVT and older TPR-S silencers are heavier. Again find someone who has one and try it out first.

If you could wait, I would get the new 300SD from AAC. Most of it is titanium construction with a monolithic baffle design. Weight is around 13-14ozs.

ya and it costs $1,800:( sure is pretty though