• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sanitized Internet?

Not a Sniper

Leonard Smalls
Minuteman
  • Sep 10, 2020
    Hills and holler - ETN
    www.youtube.com
    Every once in awhile - I notice this shit and it is disturbing. Recently in another thread (Song of the Day), I realized much of what I grew up on, musically, doesn't live on the internet. Sad days indeed for the younger crowd IMO.

Today, literally, I am seeing more shit, literally, removed. MtnCreek posted about a cat with a broken leg, and I was gonna joke about Gato-Que (as I own a PITA cat who I threaten with the grill from time to time). This was a thing in South America, and I have seen first hand on the internet. Gone. Completely. As of today for sure. My last trip to Korea is what makes me aware of this, as I would horrify civilians with stories of shit I ate around the globe. In 1993, my last trip to Korea, dog, cat, chicken lips and claws were all basically on the menu. Today? Scarcely any mention on the internet. Two "sanitary" wikis remain for dog and cat:

Cannot remember the name for cat dishes in Korea-it was like the (dog) Gaegogi, but slightly different. Bulgogi was grilled beef for street food so you get the idea. Gone. Completely. Certainly as of today.

There were nuances as I was explained: Black dog (racist shit I know)-was preferred as they have "purple meat" that cooks best. I decided immediately to never ask what I was eating until I decided if it was tasty and that served me fine. Often, the ingredients were bizarre.

Anyhoo. I guess I am surprised the interwebs are being scrubbed as hard as they are. And I shouldn't be. This past year has stunned me beyond words.

Anyone else see shit disappearing that will affect subsequent generations? I am seriously asking and know this will devolve quickly. But it could provide instructive for folks like me that missed the fuckin' memo. Commie asshats, the lot of them!

Skwerl opinions at your own risk. :D

What wouldn't you eat to keep from starving to death kids , dogs , cats bugs hell it's all on the menu

Being old has some advantages...

I remember life before:
    Internet
    Computers
    Cell Phones
    Interstate Highways
    Color TV, remote controls
    LED lights
    TV dinners
    Cruise control on cars
    Central Air conditioning and heat
    My list is long...

I know shit disappeared from life 70 years ago... Perhaps just not as quick.

Hobo

I remember my first TDY to Athens, Greece, we'd see starved dogs around the "sooflaki(?)" stands and the next day, you wouldn't see one mangy mutt around, but, you did wonder what was on those skewers. Spent time in the Philippine's, see dogs staked out in the yard on a 2ft. chain and you knew what was for dinner. I have noticed, that when I have googled shit, that I have found in the past, that it has become unsearchable or no results found.
    You are probably right, the Inter-web is being cleansed for our own good, because, it's all about "feels" now. Mac

• Sad
    Reactions: Maggot
    I really was at a loss today looking for cat recipes. Bizarre as that sounds-fuck you, we're in the pit!

I know what I have seen before and it is gone. That is a bit unsettling to me. I know we have Commies among us, but damn. They scrub the written word as fast as it suits them. I guess I never considered non-political shit as being verboten. It clearly is.

For those that doubt what is happening-this is my offering on what I see and now know.

And, I'm pissed.

These bitches will define me as a criminal before I am an ex-Parrot, for sure. 20 years serving the country-immaterial.

Unconstitutionally criminal-by any definition.

Assholes.

A pissed-off opinion. :mad:

At least they know to keep some lame force as a show of (3rd world) force, and they broadcast to the entire world what they are doing. The results will shock no one.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Bender
    I remember my first TDY to Athens, Greece, we'd see starved dogs around the "sooflaki(?)" stands and the next day, you wouldn't see one mangy mutt around, but, you did wonder what was on those skewers. Spent time in the Philippine's, see dogs staked out in the yard on a 2ft. chain and you knew what was for dinner. I have noticed, that when I have googled shit, that I have found in the past, that it has become unsearchable or no results found.
    You are probably right, the Inter-web is being cleansed for our own good, because, it's all about "feels" now. Mac
    The way I learned "Souvlaki" was Greek grilled meat. (Bulgogi Korea vs Greece).

The way I cook that shit-is flavor based.

Souvlaki to me in Chicago is "gyro". I do lamb or pork or whatever with the same flavors. On pita with Tsatziki. No one complains.

If I look that shit up on the internet-with NO results... I wonder WTF. Just WTF?!

Reactions: Bender
    The way I learned "Souvlaki" was Greek grilled meat. (Bulgogi Korea vs Greece).

The way I cook that shit-is flavor based.

Souvlaki to me in Chicago is "gyro". I do lamb or pork or whatever with the same flavors. On pita with Tsatziki. No one complains.

If I look that shit up on the internet-with NO results... I wonder WTF. Just WTF?!
    Glad you got the spelling correct. I was in Athens for 45 days and after work (or on days off), have a few San Miguel's, along with about 5 or 6 skewers of "meat on a stick" and I was GtG! Also found out what ouzo was (when they ran out of Jack, they used that instead). Mac(y)

Local markets in Korea, puppies tied to a stake, pick one out, they would dress it for you......dog, it's what's for dinner.......

I was stationed on Korea for a bit in 2015, and there were still farms raising dogs in the rural areas. Was kinda weird to see, but no different from a pen of other "normal" livestock. Even tried it once, tasted ok, just not great

Reactions: roostercogburn98
    I was stationed on Korea for a bit in 2015, and there were still farms raising dogs in the rural areas. Was kinda weird to see, but no different from a pen of other "normal" livestock. Even tried it once, tasted ok, just not great
    Check Youtube for videos of animals being skinned alive on Chinese fur farms. You have to sign in for age restricted. Its really disgusting. Fuck the Chicoms and anyone that would do that shit.

Well shit, I guess you never watched a newbie eat chicken in Kinville?
    We always let them finish first then we pointed out the size of the pieces of chicken.
    Most would puke.

I really was at a loss today looking for cat recipes. Bizarre as that sounds-fuck you, we're in the pit!
    Just tried this and the first thing I obtained was the following recipe. Perhaps my searching habits differ from your own.

"
    Time
    5 hours
    Ingredients
    1 cat
    ½ red onion
    1 pimiento
    1 clove of garlic
    2 ½ dl coconut milk
    2 ½ dl cream
    2 tbsp meat extract
    Juice of lime
    Ginger
    Butter

Instructions
    Skin, fillet and chop the kitty cat. Start your coffee maker, grease the heater and place the pieces of your cat onto it. Fry it until they are cooked throughly and tender, it will take about an hour (it depends on what cut of meat you’re using and how fresh it is). Remove the meat and wipe the heater.

Chop all of the remaining ingredients that shall be chopped. Put a dollop of butter into the carafe, let it melt and then put the onion and the garlic in the carafe and fry it for about half an hour. Season with ginger. Add coconut milk, cream and meat extract and let it cook for two hours – it should get really warm. After that add the cat meat and wait a bit longer. Finally add pimiento pieces, lime juice and season generously with freshly ground black pepper and just a little salt. Turn off your coffee maker.

The best way to serve this delicious cat stew is accompanied by a glass of a tasty red wine and freshly baked bread."

Most people make the mistake of thinking Google = Internet

Too many folks can barely figure out how to search for something on Google, let alone find it on the internet if Google doesn't point them to it on the first page of the first attempt.

Reactions: Wyfox
    Just tried this and the first thing I obtained was the following recipe. Perhaps my searching habits differ from your own.

"
    Time
    5 hours
    Ingredients
    1 cat
    ½ red onion
    1 pimiento
    1 clove of garlic
    2 ½ dl coconut milk
    2 ½ dl cream
    2 tbsp meat extract
    Juice of lime
    Ginger
    Butter

Instructions
    Skin, fillet and chop the kitty cat. Start your coffee maker, grease the heater and place the pieces of your cat onto it. Fry it until they are cooked throughly and tender, it will take about an hour (it depends on what cut of meat you’re using and how fresh it is). Remove the meat and wipe the heater.

Chop all of the remaining ingredients that shall be chopped. Put a dollop of butter into the carafe, let it melt and then put the onion and the garlic in the carafe and fry it for about half an hour. Season with ginger. Add coconut milk, cream and meat extract and let it cook for two hours – it should get really warm. After that add the cat meat and wait a bit longer. Finally add pimiento pieces, lime juice and season generously with freshly ground black pepper and just a little salt. Turn off your coffee maker.

The best way to serve this delicious cat stew is accompanied by a glass of a tasty red wine and freshly baked bread."
    :LOL:

I then overturn my drunken rant.

I used Firefox/DuckDuckGo several ways - not sure what is up. I know what I'll be doing next.

I now return you all to Tuesday. :whistle:

• Haha
    Reactions: RGStory and Maggot
    I just wanna say i watched steve rinella eat coyote on meat eater. It cant be that taboo these days.
    Indeed-that dude will eat everything and anything. Good on him. I blame me and my search-fu. I still cannot get straight recipes to come up. A lot of other shit but not the recipes I was expecting regardless of search strings. These days-I'm on edge. It set me off after I kept digging for it and it was everything BUT recipes. I assumed. Reckon we know how that works out.

I've wrote it off as Search provider and leave the original rants for rightful mocking. I own my own stupidity.

I just wanna say i watched steve rinella eat coyote on meat eater. It cant be that taboo these days.
    My grandfather shot an Opossum. Granny cooked it but he couldnt eat it, in fact they threw it out in the yard and the cat turned its nose up and walked away.

Tried some raccoon, not bad but really gamey.

Reactions: Texasflyer
    My grandfather shot an Opossum. Granny cooked it but he couldnt eat it, in fact they threw it out in the yard and the cat turned its nose up and walked away.

Oh-clearly there are some funky critters.

I grew up in a city-for me I eventually went with the try it and decide for yourself before you knock it approach. Right around when in the Army I heard about "double stump slung" Chitlins's. I recall the Spam thread here and say: try that shit before you knock it. One never knows.

Till one knows. :LOL:

That Rinella dude has talked about the raw, fat behind eyeballs a bit on his shows-not my first choice on shit... but I have been considering trying that to see if it does in fact taste like "pizza dough." He is a chill dude. And his recipes are very legit so....

Eyeball fat one of these days I reckon. Just so I know. (y)

• Haha
    Reactions: Maggot

When i was about 12 i shot a few squirrels at my grandpas in Tennessee. My grandpa showed me how to skin em on a nail hanging on a post, then my grandma cooked them roast style. Heads and all. Well, they were great depression era people and had no qualms about what anybody else liked or thought. My grandma being polite offered me the head of one since i killed em, it still had the two front teeth and all. I politely decline. To this day if i need to not get an erection i will think of the sound that squirrel skull made rattling off her teeth as she sucked it like a jawbreaker..... truth is meat tastes good, even better when your hungry lol.

Also best episode of meat eater was the bear cooked in its own fat, and the story of how he gave his entire crew trichinosis lol

I used to work as an upholsterer. When you start to work with leather you learn a few neat things. Like every animal has enough chemicals in its brain to tan its own hide. Just wrapped up in a neat little bow. You and me, the opossum, a tiger... just the right amount to tan the whole hide. How can something that exact not be made to be processed?

Reactions: Not a Sniper
    When i was about 12 i shot a few squirrels at my grandpas in Tennessee. My grandpa showed me how to skin em on a nail hanging on a post, then my grandma cooked them roast style. Heads and all. Well, they were great depression era people and had no qualms about what anybody else liked or thought. My grandma being polite offered me the head of one since i killed em, it still had the two front teeth and all. I politely decline. To this day if i need to not get an erection i will think of the sound that squirrel skull made rattling off her teeth as she sucked it like a jawbreaker..... truth is meat tastes good, even better when your hungry lol.
    Squirrels/recipes I encountered in Kentucky-that's some old school stuff there. Ozarks also-Missouri whatever... meat is meat.

When you can hop into a store for whatever-you are lucky. Back, not so long, you ate what you could shoot. Still so for many folks. Saves money too. What is to not like there?!

Yeah-that bear situation is educational. I've not hunted bear, but ate it a couple times. Meh. The fat is interesting to work with, but didn't know about the Salmonella thing till he mentioned it. Seriously wormy if'n ya don't cook that shit right it seems. Wouldn't wish that on enemies.

You havent lived until you are enjoying some quail and bite down full force on a peice of shot. You learn to chew slowly and you actually enjoy your food more lol.

• Haha
    Reactions: Not a Sniper