• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sappy songs you like.....

fpgt72

Old Salt
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2019
You are safe behind the anonymous nature of the internet, the only one that will know who you are is your Fed that is tracking everything you do and yourself.

So with you being safe what is the sappy song you are ashamed to like.

I have been on an old country kick for a while now, and this will be my entry. The other thread made me think of this. For some reason it just makes me smile.

You need to be very secure in your manhood to admit to liking this sappy thing. It is a fun song. Just fun.

I'm a sucker for the real oldies...

Bob Hope called her a vitamin pill on legs.

This one has always tugged at my heart strings and brought a tear to my eye.

If anyone remembers this song, then we can be friends.

Mr. Piano Man. Was the closer at last call at a rough neck bar I worked at for years.

Here's a juxtaposition. Their normal stuff. New awesome song.

The sappy song they did once.

Great interview with the guitarist by a great interviewer of musicians who asks great questions and let's the interviewee talk. Both songs get talked about.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Alphatreedog
You are safe behind the anonymous nature of the internet, the only one that will know who you are is your Fed that is tracking everything you do and yourself.

So with you being safe what is the sappy song you are ashamed to like.

I have been on an old country kick for a while now, and this will be my entry. The other thread made me think of this. For some reason it just makes me smile.

You need to be very secure in your manhood to admit to liking this sappy thing. It is a fun song. Just fun.

Amazing Grace and Hallelujah by Pentatonix

Reactions: JoshuaPaul
Ha! Donna Fargo...my mom used to listen all the time, and I remember that song from my youth. Good choice.

Anyway, if I am obligated to play

Word has it someone around here owns AND plays ABBA's Greatest hits. FIGHT ME DISCO STYLE!

Also I hate Stevie Nicks. But this song:

I can’t think of anything exactly sappy but I’ve posted in another “music that you like that other people will make fun of you for liking” thread that I like a lot of P!NK songs. This is one of my favorites. I bring great shame upon my house…

I've watched the movie "Moneyball" about 4 times in the last month. First, it's a fascinating real story. Second, the details in the filmography and the 'stats' are really amazing. Every time I've watched it, I've seen some more cool geek stuff.

This song is part of the whole movie's theme. Got a bit stuck in my head. But also is pretty sappy and sweet.

I ordered "Moneyball" the book. Because the whole concept is fantastic. Not even a baseball fan. But totally remember this 'run' by Oakland. And, of course, the Sox winning. I was in a hotel at Copley the night they won the WS berth. Bought a cap the next day in Boston. Still have it. I knew they would win it that day... using the Moneyball techniques. That noone had EVER heard of (me included until I heard interviews about the book/movie.) But it was going to happen. Boston exploded!

Anyway... long way to say that it's a sappy song. But a great movie! For us geeks.

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS. Still not as good a baseball movie as "The Natural." One of the greatest movies ever made. Much less baseball movies. If it's on TV... I'm watching it. Glenn Close is hot. Did I mention I am not even a Baseball fan? These are "America" movies... baseball just happens to be present.

Reactions: fpgt72