• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SAS Armament Suppressor MX upgrade

Squeeeeze

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2019
Just curious if anybody has done the MX upgrade? Or maybe compared side by side the same suppressor in the MX vs. their previous baffle stack.

I have a Resistor in .308 and a Sentinel in .223 that I really like and super accurate. I have 2 of the Reapers coming (bought as huge discounted close out for $499) as well and considering an MX upgrade for 1 of the Reapers to compare.

Wondering if it’s worth it? It’s a $250 upgrade charge.

Last edited:
Supposed to be better suppression/lower DB levels and less blowback in a gas gun.

I'd definitely be interested in the upgrade for my reaper... I run it on my 260, 6.5CM, 300bo and 223rem... I would say it's on the verge of not being hearing safe and has a pretty "sharp" sound. The weight and size are perfect but the sound suppression was a bit disappointing. I really wish I would have gotten the 30cal arbiter, but you live and learn.

I'd definitely be interested in the upgrade for my reaper... I run it on my 260, 6.5CM, 300bo and 223rem... I would say it's on the verge of not being hearing safe and has a pretty "sharp" sound. The weight and size are perfect but the sound suppression was a bit disappointing. I really wish I would have gotten the 30cal arbiter, but you live and learn.

I was wondering about that. The weight and size seemed perfect on the Reapers but obviously at the drawback of being sharper and louder. Got a great price on my 2 Reapers coming, figured even if I sent them off for the upgrade it would still be a good price total. I’ll have one dedicated on my 300BO Pistol 8” BBL, shooting mostly subs and the other dedicated for my 6mm creed, and maybe a bit on my .260 both shooting 42-44 grains of powder so I’d hoped it would be hearing safe on those as is. Guess if it’s less blowback on the upgrade, that would be another benefit also.

My Resistor has done a great job on my magnums up to my 7WSM around 70 grains. Still wish I would have bought an Arbiter as well from MHSA when they had their close out. I just bought a Thunderbeast Ultra 9 so I don’t have to regret that anymore lol. Was told initially there wasn’t a real noticeable difference between the Resistor and Arbitor sound wise and the Resistor is lighter, smaller and said less gas blowback. That’s when I bought my Resistor and Sentinel. I love my Resistor and Sentinel, both sound great and precision accuracy.

I thought about sending 1 of my Reapers off to compare the 2 side by side. I could do it while I wait for my form 4 to clear since it would be SOT to SOT but can’t compare for about a year from now though unfortunately lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: TacT-MecH
Anyone have both the same SAS Suppressors in an MX and non MX version? Would like actual DB comparisons.

From tim at SAS

Sorry but once again the hide is incorrect. I do offer the upgrade for
$250.00. There is about a 3-5% improvement in sound reduction and 30%
reduction in back pressure.

From tim at SAS

Sorry but once again the hide is incorrect. I do offer the upgrade for
$250.00. There is about a 3-5% improvement in sound reduction and 30%
reduction in back pressure.

Just out of curiosity what was the hide wrong about? Curious what he was referring to.

That’s nice to have an estimation of increased suppression and blowback reduction so I’d know before paying for an upgrade. I’d hoped for a better DB reduction, thought it was supposed to be much better. Would 3-5% even be perceptible to our ears? Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Well 135 - 3-5% is a decent amount I guess. And I think I included weight or maybe the mx internals I'm not sure.

Well 135 - 3-5% is a decent amount I guess. And I think I included weight or maybe the mx internals I'm not sure.

I didn’t even bother to do the math, DUH. So 135 minus 3-5% = 4% to 6.75% so that is pretty significant after all if that’s accurate.

Reactions: matleez