• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SAS Suppressors are NICE!!!

Doc Holiday13

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2008
LoCo, VA
Shot my new SAS for the first time yesterday out of my AR10. I used full power handloads and some handloaded sub sonics. I didn't get the Ti Arbiter, just the standard stainless model. I bought the muzzle adaptor model and got the muzzle brake, which worked really well too.

NO hearing protection needed, but I'm going to have to get an adjustable GB cuz full power loads put more recoil into my shoulder than it should. I don't wanna potentially damage anything either.

Sub sonics were 175g bthp's(I have some 180g RNs coming in monday or tuesday) over 8.5 grains of blue dot. Not modified cases. It literally sounded like my red ryder BB gun without the "sprong" from the spring. Quieter than a 22. I was thoroughly shocked

Re: SAS Suppressors are NICE!!!

Ain't they though....
laugh.gif

Can't wait for the form 4 to clear on mine. Got to fondle it for a bit (Ti Arbiter) at my SOT when it came in, but that was it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't wait for the form 4 to clear on mine. Got to fondle it for a bit (Ti Arbiter) at my SOT when it came in, but that was it. </div></div>

It's a pretty nice can, especially for the money. I'm fortunate that my SOT also owns a 1000 yard range so I've been able to play with mine a bit.

I have no regrets buying my SAS arbiter. I also bought the thread over adapter model, and like to switch it around between different rifles. Point of impact shift is very minimal, .1 mils low,between just using the break and threading on the arbiter. To say that I am happy would be an understatement.

photo.jpg

I've heard the SAS Arbitor against some highly regarded cans and they all sound the same. The Arbitor was the lightest of all of them.

It's a great can at a great price.

Thanks for the pic of the break. Still thinking about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He may not want pics of the inside of his can posted on the web </div></div>

While I don't think it reveals anything, I took it off just cuz I don't wanna be offending anyone. I'm probably going to get the arbitor now just because the stainless is sooo nice

So I did some testing saturday with the suppressor and the POIvs. POA change was 2.5" low at 100 yards. Does this seem a bit much?

Think about the weight your adding to the front of that gun, 2.5 seems reasonable to me. Make sure the POI is repeatable and you should be fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocHoliday13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I did some testing saturday with the suppressor and the POIvs. POA change was 2.5" low at 100 yards. Does this seem a bit much?</div></div>

Sounds right to me. Mine is .7 mil low at 100 with 2 different rifles. Same set up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Calibur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Think about the weight your adding to the front of that gun, 2.5 seems reasonable to me. Make sure the POI is repeatable and you should be fine. </div></div>

I guess I never thought about that. Odd part is I adjusted the scope 1.75 MOA up and it was dead on at 200 with the suppressor but about 3" high without

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pdd614</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no regrets buying my SAS arbiter. I also bought the thread over adapter model, and like to switch it around between different rifles. Point of impact shift is very minimal, .1 mils low,between just using the break and threading on the arbiter. To say that I am happy would be an understatement.

photo.jpg
</div></div>

thats a good lookin pig, even better lookin rifle. where'd you kill it at.

thanks csf45.
Sow was taken on the family ranch in brown county. That rifle has come in real handy, and has dispatched many a pig. ended up with 42 pounds of breakfast sausage on that one.

I've heard alot of good things about those SAS cans.

Now I've got the gears turning........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pdd614</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks csf45.
Sow was taken on the family ranch in brown county. That rifle has come in real handy, and has dispatched many a pig. ended up with 42 pounds of breakfast sausage on that one. </div></div>

Yum, you're just west of me, i hunt in Hamilton. we are overrun with em.

I want to order one of the SAS ti arbitors but can't get ahold of SAS. I have left messeges but no call backs. I need to get one sent to my dealer.

SAS is in the process or just completed a move into a larger shop. I know from experience that always takes longer than expected.

I hear you. It's just the longer I have to wait to get the thing to the dealer means the longer I have to wait to get oked from atf. I hope they answer the phone soon.

You would probably have better luck finding another dealer with one in stock.

Contact Sotex Hunter. He works for STS and they usually have them in stock.

I will do that, thanks. Do you know if you get one from Sotex Hunter, is there another transfer fee to go to my dealer? Thanks, RG

He's in TX, I would just buy directly from him vs doing a (tax free) Form 3 to another dealer in state.

rundm,

Feel free to pm me with any questions. There is no fee for a form 3 transfer to your dealer, but your dealer will charge you a transfer fee for buying a suppressor from someone else. He still has to fill out your form 4 for you. The form 3 transfer (from me to your dealer) will take 4-6 weeks.

Hope this helps,
Sotex

You would have to go with their brake attachment and get a different pitch on the mount.

Do you have any problems with the mount? From what I understand these do not use QD threads so a person would not have the potential for accuracy issues that a QD might have.

I have tried for quite a few days also. Dave Tooley said that they were moving to a new facility. I would definatly like to ask them some questions also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ziebart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have any problems with the mount? From what I understand these do not use QD threads so a person would not have the potential for accuracy issues that a QD might have. </div></div>

QD has nothing to do with accuracy loss....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ziebart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have any problems with the mount? From what I understand these do not use QD threads so a person would not have the potential for accuracy issues that a QD might have. </div></div>

QD has nothing to do with accuracy loss.... </div></div>
Can you prove that statement?

Most Likely. Ask Frank about his Gladius. Ask me about my Gladius. QD mounted SF cans and I see better grouping WITH my can then without but the shift is so minimal you would really have to measure with the utmost care.

Care to talk about more suppressor knowledge 110? What QD model do you run? Oh wait.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most Likely. Ask Frank about his Gladius. Ask me about my Gladius. QD mounted SF cans and I see better grouping WITH my can then without but the shift is so minimal you would really have to measure with the utmost care.

Care to talk about more suppressor knowledge 110? What QD model do you run? Oh wait..... </div></div>
I was just asking if you could prove it, don't get your panties in a wad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most Likely. Ask Frank about his Gladius. Ask me about my Gladius. QD mounted SF cans and I see better grouping WITH my can then without but the shift is so minimal you would really have to measure with the utmost care.

Care to talk about more suppressor knowledge 110? What QD model do you run? Oh wait..... </div></div>
I was just asking if you could prove it, don't get your panties in a wad. </div></div>

Do some research. Its been a topic of discussion for a while now.

Remember what happened last time you wanted to argue? Cool your jets kid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocHoliday13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shot my new SAS for the first time yesterday out of my AR10. I used full power handloads and some handloaded sub sonics. I didn't get the Ti Arbiter, just the standard stainless model. I bought the muzzle adaptor model and got the muzzle brake, which worked really well too.

NO hearing protection needed, but I'm going to have to get an adjustable GB cuz full power loads put more recoil into my shoulder than it should. I don't wanna potentially damage anything either.

Sub sonics were 175g bthp's(I have some 180g RNs coming in monday or tuesday) over 8.5 grains of blue dot. Not modified cases. It literally sounded like my red ryder BB gun without the "sprong" from the spring. Quieter than a 22. I was thoroughly shocked </div></div>

Doc,

Where do you shoot in LoCo? I moved to Sterling not long ago.

KYS338
I did not mean to start anything, I just saw Lowlights review of the sandstorm where he said he liked single point cans better.

http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1874800#Post1874800
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...
The best feature for these type of cans are the muzzle brakes. I am big fan of the muzzle brakes from both Surefire and AAC. I think they do a very good job when you're not using the can, especially in shorter rifles. But accuracy and impact wise the single point cans are better. At least in my opinion....</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ziebart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KYS338
I did not mean to start anything, I just saw Lowlights review of the sandstorm where he said he liked single point cans better.

http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1874800#Post1874800
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...
The best feature for these type of cans are the muzzle brakes. I am big fan of the muzzle brakes from both Surefire and AAC. I think they do a very good job when you're not using the can, especially in shorter rifles. But accuracy and impact wise the single point cans are better. At least in my opinion....</div></div> </div></div>
This was my point. no way a QD can is going to be as accurate and repeatable as a class 3 thread on suppressor.

Savage. Explain to me WHY a QD suppressor can not be as accurate as a thread on can.

Because Im pretty sure its mostly the rifle, not the can. Its about weight. I have several 300 win mag cans. The one on my AI is QD. The one on my 300WSM is thread on. The AI is more accurate...... why you ask? The 300WSM can weights almost triple the QD can.

Simple math. How much trigger time do you have with QD and thread on cans?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ziebart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KYS338

The best feature for these type of cans are the muzzle brakes. I am big fan of the muzzle brakes from both Surefire and AAC. I think they do a very good job when you're not using the can, especially in shorter rifles. But accuracy and impact wise the single point cans are better. At least in my opinion....</div></div> </div></div>

I understand where you are coming from with your question. Being I have respect for Frank and all that he does for us with the reviews. I just don't think the mounting system makes a huge difference in "suppressor accuracy". Ive shot with a lot of cans, I am not seeing any huge advantage minus weight characteristics and the speed in which you can put it on and take it off.

It's all about personal preferences when buying a suppressor.

Here is my 30 cal titanium SAS suppressor. Everyone in really impressed with how quiet it is.

I love this thing, i really.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p9FRtaYSl9I"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p9FRtaYSl9I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Got my Ti Arbiter Friday, less than 2 months door to door for my form 4!

It's nice...

Still waiting for the ATF to approve mine! Should be any day now.