• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SASS .308 Question

ShotCaller

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2008
MS
Besides availability what makes the DPMS and other manufacturers SASS rifles more expensive? Do they have anything unique that cannot be done on a base platform for less?

Re: SASS .308 Question

an adjustable gas block can be hard to get for the armalite system, ask me how i know
frown.gif
. most have a match trigger, threaded barrel, rail system, non chrome lined stainless steel barrel, PRS stock on the DPMS, etc.

nothing impossible to procure on your own, just more expensive from the factory.

I took my DPMS LR 308 and turned it into a SASS looking rifle pretty easily. Yes it takes some coin to do it. But if the SASS cost about 2k new they are about the same cost if you do all the mods yourself. Plus you can put on parts that are better than the ones DPMS uses. Like a Daniel Defense 12.0 rail instead of the rail that DPMS makes. And my barrel is longer but I have the choice of cutting it down if I want. Building your own gun gives you more options.

Nearly impossible to get around here right now. Thanks for the info.

Last year the DPMS SASS was $1849.00. If you took a LR and did what they do for a SASS, Rail, Fluted Barrel, Jard Trigger, Magpul PRS stock, the price from a LR (1049.00) to a SASS is going to be around 1800-2000 depending on your accessories.

Me on the hand, got a 308 SASS, wasn't satisfied and sent it to GAP for a Barlein barrel. So, I now have about 3k in mine minus scope. We do what we do because we are "gun dudes." And, I have an understanding wife.

Now days you can never find a SASS for a reasonable price. I got both of my SASS’s.308 and 223 from Hide members. I am glad I got when I did because I would be ticked off now if I had to find one.

I bought a new Armalite AR-10t in September for $1800.00 OTD and the local gun store was glad to be rid of it. The owner had it sitting on her shelf for nearly a year. I resold it in February for $2600.00. I did the same w/an Sun Devil AR-15 that I'd purchased last summer. Seems to be some great deals in AZ for buyers and a great place here in WA to sell such items.