• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SASS in 300WSM????

jrhammons

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2006
CenAr
Is anybody or has anybody been running a 10 in 300wsm? I have found some info on a test AMU did and they preferred the SAUM due to case thickness being more reliable. Just wondering if anybody else is shooting or has built one? Any issues? It would be gas impingement so and thoughts on pressures?

The possible project build would be

DPMS SASS upper with 24" stainless bull chambered in 300WSM on DPMS lower.

Re: SASS in 300WSM????

If you haven't checked out Accuracy Systems Inc you should. That is one source that I know of that builds AR 10s with WSM chamberings.

I have a Lr-308 in 300wsm from accuracy systems. No problems at all with the bigger round, and shoots very accurate. It has a 23in bull barrel with accuracy system's quiet brake.

Luk I talked to them today and they say it can be done. I just havne't seen any. How do you liek yours and what kind of accuracy are you seeing with what kinds of rounds. What is the twist rate on the barrel