• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SASS on a budget

blacklable

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2009
michigan
I'm thinking about building a SASS like the M110 but for the 3-8k price tag it's out of my range. So what do you think is the best budget sass for the money? All thoughts welcome
mike

Re: SASS on a budget

Dpms Sass is the best deal for under $2500.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 81sfo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dpms Sass is the best deal for under $2500. </div></div>

+1

+1 on DPMS. Gunblast did a pretty review of it.

does anyone have one? If so how do you like it hows the reliability of the weapon.

Thanks
Mike

Buy an AP4 or similar DPMS model and rebarrel it. Add a trigger, handguard along with an 18" bull barrel, and you should be able to have a handy compact shooter for less than the DPMS SASS. Prices are starting to come down on guns now. I can get any base DPMS model for about $1K right now (excluding the SASS). Just keep your eyes open.

Yep, my best friend has a DPMS SASS and he is a tack driver with it. His was less than $2500 and bought it on gunbroker from a private individual. Good luck!

You should be able to find a dpms sass for $1750 or so,but like was already said you can just get a ap4 or any of the dpms 308's for around or under $1000.Then get the Daniel defense rail or knights if you must. Just build it up how you want it. The 16" dpms ap4 shoot unbelievably well. I have one that shoots under an inch on a bad day.

Like several others have said the DPMS 308 platform is a winner in pretty much every model.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dagger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a GAP </div></div>

1+

I bought an LR308 for $950 back in November before the prices went through the roof. Once I had it I started changing components and selling off the old stuff. With the prices as crazy as they were I was able to sell off the old stuff for more than I paid for the replacements but when it was all said and done I'm still under $2K for the rifle minus the scope & bipod.
IMG_2982.jpg

The only original parts left are the barrel & BCG and this rifle will shoot sub MOA with my 175gr loads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 81sfo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dpms Sass is the best deal for under $2500. </div></div>

I would have to agree. I love my DPMS SASS. Shoots better then I do. But I'm working on it.