• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAUM/WSM LR-300 or AR10 bolts?

blksno

I don't have one
Minuteman
  • Mar 15, 2009
    SD
    SO, I've been planning a build for quite some time and have seen a couple bolt's here and there, but I am curious if anyone could direct me to a place where I can find a bolt or get a bolt made to handle a WSM or SAUM in the big boy AR platform.

I can't say that I know for sure if DPMS/Armalite style bolts are compatible (I know most other parts are not), so you're suggestions are appreciated.

I have already contacted Armalite a few times and have been told by more than one person that they DO NOT have any bolts left and will not be getting more.

I've also been told by more than one person at DPMS that they DO NOT have any magnum bolts left (ALTHOUGH) one fellow I know for sure purchased one from DPMS after I was told there were none to be had.
    I got in touch with the fellow there that said occasionally one will turn up and that there are some employees that are still pushing to get those kinds of parts in for special builds...but I haven't heard yet if this will ever really happen.

SO, anyway, Anyone know where I could find one or get one made?
    Thanks guys.

Re: SAUM/WSM LR-300 or AR10 bolts?

I wonder if Mike Milli would be willing to turn some out? I would be interested in picking up an extra bolt for my LR-300 if he or someone else would require some volume.

Start putting up "Want to Buy/WTB" posts here and wherever else you can think of (ARFCOM, etc.) looking for one, scan the auction sites (Gunbroker, etc.), keep your eyes peeled on AR-10/SR-25 specific forums like ARFCOM, etc.

The "easiest" thing to do may be to find a COMPLETE upper if you can locate on and buy it instead of just the parts. I know that it means doubling expense when you go to replace barrels, handguards, etc., but it is just one more option.

Finally, POF is slated to develop/produce a 300WSM in their P-308 lineup (hopefully sooner than later). It is a cataloged item that the showed at SHOT this year, but who knows when it may roll around.

Okay...enough random thoughts for the morning!
    wink.gif
    Good luck!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowslngr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if Mike Milli would be willing to turn some out? I would be interested in picking up an extra bolt for my LR-300 if he or someone else would require some volume. </div></div>

I checked with him a while back, he said that "back in the day" when Armalite was doing them, he made a few, but that was when he could get the parts from them. If I could get the parts, I would surely trust him to build it, I know that FOR SURE.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Start putting up "Want to Buy/WTB" posts here and wherever else you can think of (ARFCOM, etc.) looking for one, scan the auction sites (Gunbroker, etc.), keep your eyes peeled on AR-10/SR-25 specific forums like ARFCOM, etc.

The "easiest" thing to do may be to find a COMPLETE upper if you can locate on and buy it instead of just the parts. I know that it means doubling expense when you go to replace barrels, handguards, etc., but it is just one more option.

Finally, POF is slated to develop/produce a 300WSM in their P-308 lineup (hopefully sooner than later). It is a cataloged item that the showed at SHOT this year, but who knows when it may roll around.

Okay...enough random thoughts for the morning!
    wink.gif
    Good luck!! </div></div>

I know what you mean about the "easiest" thing cause I know of a few places to snag a complete upper, but I'm not going to drop $1200 just to start yanking parts off it and rebuild it.
    I was HEART BROKEN when I saw this thread just about a day late.

I have found 2 other places where I can have an upper built. The first is a custom built upper for a POF lower, a good choice no doubt, but I have a dealer friend that can get me a great majority of parts for cost so I would rather get all the parts myself and then have my smith do the detail work.
    The the other is a place that will do a custom upper but they want somewhere in the $1500 range just for the upper and I don't have much for options.

I would LIKE to have the whole thing built on a MEGA MA-TEN monolithic upper/lower matched set.
    1:9 twist 24-26" HEAVY fluted with a Paladin Machine gas block and a Titaniun Nitride carrier