• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Savage 10 FCP McMillan

danska

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
I have a base model FP 10 LE2 currently, thinking of ditching it and picking up the 10 FCP McMillan to get the upgraded stock and detachable mag.

I have one locally lined up to buy and probably can sell mine without too much effort also.

What I'm really wondering is how does the stock on these compare to the A5 if you were buying it aftermarket? Anyone with one of these care to chime in and give me some input on it. Appreciate the help!

Re: Savage 10 FCP McMillan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: danska</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a base model FP 10 LE2 currently, thinking of ditching it and picking up the 10 FCP McMillan to get the upgraded stock and detachable mag.

I have one locally lined up to buy and probably can sell mine without too much effort also.

What I'm really wondering is how does the stock on these compare to the A5 if you were buying it aftermarket? Anyone with one of these care to chime in and give me some input on it. Appreciate the help! </div></div>

The 10 FCP A5 isn't pillar or block bedded. The A3 on my LE2b came with one pillar in the forward action bolt hole, but not the rear action hole.

McMillan states that the A5/Savage combo doesn't need pillars.

This is a point of contention with some people. The HS-Precision stock is block bedded, IIRC.

Chris

Re: Savage 10 FCP McMillan

its a basic A5. i have read that guys send them back to mcmillan to have some goodies added, flushcups and stock spacers. they will pillar bed on request to i believe

and the HS is block bedded