• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Savage 10 FCP-SR in 6.5 CM Sighted In

Vodoun daVinci

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Dec 17, 2017
    Weather is finally good enough to start tweaking my gun. It's a Savage 10 FCP in 6.5 Creedmoor topped with a cheapo Vortex Crossfire II 6-24X50 scope, added an Atlas BT-10 Bipod and a Bear creek Cheek Riser kit. Set the Savage AccuTrigger about as low as it would go and sighted in at 25 yards and then walked out to 100 and then 180 yards. Shot this group at 100 yards. That's a nickle and 3X rounds of Hornady 140 gr. ELD Match Ammo.

100YardsandaNickle.jpg

Love the gun but I'm already looking for better glass at a higher magnification and a Tactical Chassis. I lost the Muzzle Brake and reinstalled the thread protector. I'm wanting to shoot F-Class Open eventually and brakes are frowned upon.

CurrentPrecisionRifle.jpg

Anyway, I'm having a lot of fun with my new Precision Rifle, learning a lot, and stepping out to 200/300 yards next session. Thanks for looking and helping - I have managed to glean a lot of good stuff and advice here at Snipers Hide.

VooDoo

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dirty D
    Looks like your off to a good start in precision rifle,that's a nice 3 round group with that set up.

I agree; that is a nice grouping. Enjoy it. One guy that I have learned from and has a lot of followers goes by the name TiborasaurusRex. He has videos on YouTube using Sniper 101. He definitely has some videos on rifle scopes, guns and just about all things related to them. I would advise checking them out.

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci