• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 10 FP-SR?

keith jones

Minuteman
Sep 14, 2010
Bulls Gap,TN
I do not see this listed on Savages website. I have found it for sale at Bud gun shop, Slick guns.etc. Has it been discontinued, and they are selling whats left in their inventory?

Dumbest move Savage coulda made. They must have some new rifles coming out but why they stopped production before then is beyond me.

I dunno they dumped a bunch of there line part of the atk move. You can still call them and get it put together, I need another lefty action this year and that's the route I'm going.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

How do these rifles shoot?

Very well. Accuracy has never been a problem for Savage rifles. And it's really easy to spin off a factory barrel and add a nice Shilen or McGowen barrel in the caliber of your choice.

They are, however, the Microsoft of the bolt action rifle world: constantly trying new configurations while breaking compatibility with past designs for no apparent reason (I may be missing something, of course). When AI came out with the long-awaited Savage AICS, Savage had already moved on to a non-compatible bottom bolt release so many then-current Savages did not work with the AICS. I'll bet AI is not going to do that again...

I'm sure there is a thread in the pics section.

Here are some pics of my brand new unfired still in the box 10FP-SR, sorry for the crappy pics I need a new camera with better resolution.