• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 10 Precision Carbine vs. Remmy 700 AAC

bjohnson_7

Private
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2007
by the river TN
Ok heres the situation. I want a short barreled .308 for hunting deer and punching paper out to 600 yards. I have a Sendero in .300 RUM for extended ranges. I want a shorter rifle for all my hardwood hunting and some cutovers. I love my sendero but barrel is just a little to long to be swinging around in a treestand but enough about hunting, now to the rifles. The savage has the accustock and the accutrigger but I like the fact that the remmy has a threaded barrel, if I ever wanted to put a can on it. I've read the threads on the AAC and everyone seems to like it but I haven't heard anything on the savage. Your opinions and group sizes for both rifles is appreciated, thanks.

Re: Savage 10 Precision Carbine vs. Remmy 700 AAC

Savage makes a Precision Carbine in a 5R offering now. Including; accustock, accutrigger and a 20" medium contour fluted 1:11.25 twist threded barrel w/ thread protector. Seems to be just what your looking for.

I don't have the exact model you are asking about, but +1 for Savage. There out of the box performance is simply amazing. Mine was a 24" 308 when I bought it new, It was under 1MOA out to 600 and at 1000 it was just at MOA. I'm sure the short barrel version is nothing short of this type of performance as well.

yup, there was just a post. i think it was BUDS GUNS that had the models listed. they seem to have good prices

I have the new Savage 10PC with the 5R barrel it also has the target accutrigger which is a plus for bench but for hunting you will want to crank it up. Mine like 155gr amax's 1/2 moa or better when i do my part but it also shoots the 175's good. I haven't played past 500 yet so we will what it will do. The one thing i wish savge would change is their trigger housing to sturdier one like comes on the SAV-2 from Rifle Basix's I think it would make the accutrigger more reliable with fewer trips.

Hi there, I am new here, great site with tons of free info. Thanks all!

+1 for Savage LE Carbine. I bought mine 6 months ago and super happy with it. Put a 10x SWFA SS on it/Farrell mount and rings. 600 yards is not a problem with Match grade ammo. Trigger is SWEET.

SavageT2.jpg

My vote is for the Savage PC. I am really enjoying my Savage PC in 308. Here are a couple pics. Also posted is a group I shot on Saturday, I was working on some different things but you can see in the one group I had 4 shots that were one hole and then the one flyer at the end... isn't that the way it always is?
grin.gif

42gr Varget
Hornady brass 10x fired
CCI BR2 Primer
2.805 COAL
168gr SMK
100 yards

10-2-10.jpg

2010-09-18_15-43-16_16.jpg

Yeah always a flyer lol...I think I'm leaning toward the savage now...is the barrel free floated?

I like my savage carbine. I have about 350 rounds through it. Trigger started failing at about 250 rounds. Mine is about a year old before the threaded muzzle option and 5R rifling. Mine likes the heavy bullets the best.185-220 range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: juliomorris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the new Savage 10PC with the 5R barrel it also has the target accutrigger which is a plus for bench but for hunting you will want to crank it up. Mine like 155gr amax's 1/2 moa or better when i do my part but it also shoots the 175's good. I haven't played past 500 yet so we will what it will do. The one thing i wish savge would change is their trigger housing to sturdier one like comes on the SAV-2 from Rifle Basix's I think it would make the accutrigger more reliable with fewer trips. </div></div>

have they changed the trigger housing? mine is metal, how much sturdier could it be? or do you mean wider? and when you say target accutrigger, do you mean the one with the red blade? thats adjustable to 6 oz i think. the tactical is down to 1.5 pounds and comes in the LE model 10's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fockell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like my savage carbine. I have about 350 rounds through it. Trigger started failing at about 250 rounds. Mine is about a year old before the threaded muzzle option and 5R rifling. Mine likes the heavy bullets the best.185-220 range. </div></div>

did you contact savage? they have been great at fixing stuff like that

love those PC! love the accutrigger also. need to off load some rifles so i can get 1

AXEMAN
The trigger housing allows to much side to side play in the trigger. Which makes it more difficult to set to lower pull without it tripping. Mine is made of metal but the one that comes with the sav-2 from rifle basix is sturdier and doesn't allow as much play.
It is the tactical sorry not the target trigger. But it will go down to less than a pound.