• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 10 Predator Hunter Max 1

old paul

Private
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2010
Northern Ohio
I am thinking about buying one of these in 223 for hunting groundhogs, coyotes ( if I can develop the skill to call them in) and casual bench shooting. Input to this selection would be appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Savage 10 Predator Hunter Max 1

You don't say your caliber choice.
It is the same gun as the precision carbine with different camo job. You will be very pleased, the trigger is very good and it will probably shoot very well.
Get an eagle stock pack or similar or tape some foam to the stock to bring your eye into alignment with the scope and you are set.
It is a good rifle, you will enjoy it immensely.

i looked at those when i was gun shoppin a couple months ago. I liked it.

I like 22-250 on small to medium varmints.But I`m sure the 223 will work also...Have you found any scopes to match the rifle?

If it's going to be .223, keep your eyes open for the 10PC, not sure if there is a price difference but they will be the same rifle.
69 Grain matchkings over about 24 grains of varget. Should shoot lights out and be pretty deadly to boot.
I'm not sure about the predator hunter, the 10PC trigger goes down to about 1.5 lbs. I believe the hunting rifles go down to about 2.5 lbs (my model 12 does).

Another very good option would be the standard FP10 and drop it in a B&C stock.