• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 10

Re: Savage 10

There is a possibility that it could, but I'd rather put the money into a good stock for the Remmy, and a lot of practice ammo.

If you want to impress the clueless natives at your local shooting spot,that would do it not my cup ot tea I want what works for me and have acordingly what fits me and use.

I like the savages I have owned so far the chaimbers have been nice barrels smooth I opted for the mcmillan version and bebed it and its a constant minute of happyness..

the real question is can you outshoot your remington Spsv if not nothing else will eather..

Probably just use it for target shooting, Sure would not want to cary that thing around in the field. Like the Remington but can get a good deal on this one and thought may add it to the collection.

i would stick with the remmy or just go with the model 10 with either the hs precision stock or the mc millian

I have never owned a Savage in my life, but if I could get one of these for $1,000.00, I would probably add it to the safe. I have seen a couple locally and they fly off the shelf at $1,699.00. Seems pretty nice up close. The area around the receiver is a little bulky looking with the sheet aluminum.

If it were going to be the only rifle I could have or one of only two rifles I could have, I would stick with my remingtons or my customs.

For $1000.00 there other savage options that are mag-fed Mcree, B&C w/ a CDI mag bottom.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">But If I had the money that's a smoking deal</span></span>. I had some nice custom Remington but I like my Do it yourself Savages way more and they shoot just as good as the expensive Custom Remingtons.

Nothing like going to the range with a $1200.00 Do it yourself Savage and out shooting Custom Remmies and then telling them when you pack up how much you have in your rifle/Scope and then that you built it your self!

Lol, yea I like my remingtons but I have a Savage 12btvcss in .223 and it shoots real good stock. Have just added a Leupold LR Varmint Scope. Might order one any way if all else fails can always sell it off for some profit

remington/savage or custom MOA is MOA shooter is the real talent a real shooter will handle it no matter the tool he is handed..

brand wars ARE OLD,but run deep ,, Ive both remy and savage and wouldnt worry which one I went out the door with,both will do what i ask..

Just ranting ..

I have owned Remingtons, FNs & now a Savage. My Savage is a 10FPLE .308 and is stock. It outshoots any other rifle I have ever owned, be it a gas or bolt gun!!

My money is on Savage... hands down!!

DK

i have posted this before,but the savage 10 fcp .308 with an hs stock,consistantly would outshoot another of our rifles that we had well over 4 grand in.needless to say one of them got put on the chopping block.i just checked on another fcp the other day and it was going to run right at 1100 before taxes.

I looked at one yesterday at a gunshop. I was not impressed. The stock is crap, and not very comfortable. It's also quite nose heavy. I would prefer the McMillan or HS model. No doubt about it, Savages are shooters, but these new Model 10's with the funky stock and rails is just a gimmick to sell guns.

I have a savage 10fple2a,.308 in a choate stock supposedly designed by Major John Plaster. It has never been fired except by savage arms,at the savage 100 yd. range. I have the target and range report. I can tell you that it shot .6 at the factory,and .6 is the vertical spread horizontal is only .3,that is with factory ammo.My bet is that it would avg. .5 or less with break-in and handloads. All things considered a lot of riflemen would be pleased to get that performance from a much more expensive rifle whatever the brand. This is from a $549 rifle. Enough said?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: takeaim1st</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a savage 10fple2a,.308 in a choate stock supposedly designed by Major John Plaster. It has never been fired except by savage arms,at the savage 100 yd. range. I have the target and range report. I can tell you that it shot .6 at the factory,and .6 is the vertical spread horizontal is only .3,that is with factory ammo.My bet is that it would avg. .5 or less with break-in and handloads. All things considered a lot of riflemen would be pleased to get that performance from a much more expensive rifle whatever the brand. This is from a $549 rifle. Enough said? </div></div>

The John Plaster????? WOW that must be a nice stock!

That new Salvage is totally TACTICOOL!!!! Can someone help me find a smith to put my stock on that rifle?

My Stock

Custom_Stoxx_A.jpg

if you can get one for a grand you better jump on it... i paid 1700 for my bats/k put a mark 4 leupold on it with a nightforce 20moa base/ring. got about 3800 in it now.. i bought it in anticipation of obama legislation...i read the guys post dogging it and last time i checked rifles weren't pillows and this one wasn't designed to carry through the woods all day...plus if u can get one that cheap spend the money and put a magpul adjustable stock on it...problem solved

Nice stock, is that one of those lightweight customs? Probably will order one if not just for the investment, Takes roughly 2 months to show up. Will have to see if they can thread it for my can or if I have to do that after the fact. Removing that break may drop about 3lbs.