• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

savage 100 fcp hs precision 338 lapua

lapuamaverick

Private
Minuteman
May 2, 2023
spring hill, Florida
I have a savage 110 fcp hs precision 338 lapua, looking to trade my stock for the heavier 110 ba stock, drake told me yesterday that they no longer make the stocks for savage action. by serial number mine is large shank 1 1/8 inch. can anyone in florida help?? i dont even know if the ba stock has the same holes as the hs precision stock, i live in spring hill, Florida

images
this is what i am looking for

Last edited:
You have a ton of other options. As long as you find a 110 BA stock with a CIP/3.850 magwell, the action and barrel will fit.

That said, I’d look at MDT (mdttac.com) and pick whichever of the Savage stocks you like.

You have a ton of other options. As long as you find a 110 BA stock with a CIP/3.850 magwell, the action and barrel will fit.

That said, I’d look at MDT (mdttac.com) and pick whichever of the Savage stocks you like.
thank you for the info on mag well , i am hoping to find someone that would like to trade stocks, my savage 300 win mag has the 110 ba stock and weighs in at 19 lbs with scope, and would like the 338 lapua to be the same, with several shoulder surgeries on my off arm the heavier rifles are easier to manage once you get on the bench.

become a supporter and post in the PX...but this isn't exactly the most Savage friendly forum so you may have to get super lucky with a trade

besides...a chassis will make a heavy rifle way easier than a take-off stock

become a supporter and post in the PX...but this isn't exactly the most Savage friendly forum so you may have to get super lucky with a trade

besides...a chassis will make a heavy rifle way easier than a take-off stock
thank you, wasn't looking for take off stock was looking for the 110 ba chassis just like the one my 300 win mag came with i guess some call them LE stocks/chassis'

You might want to post a photo of what you’re looking for.

Just looking online it looks like the rifle comes in some sort of a slightly modified MDT LSS-XT chassis with some sort of AR buttstock.

Are you talking about the stock with the same aluminum mini chassis built in?

You might want to post a photo of what you’re looking for.

Just looking online it looks like the rifle comes in some sort of a slightly modified MDT LSS-XT chassis with some sort of AR buttstock.

Are you talking about the stock with the same aluminum mini chassis built in?
images
this is what im looking for

If I were you I’d just buy a aftermarket option. Those chassis were ok when they came out but all the new options can use mlok accessories among other things that simply make them better.

Not many people have those laying around. Maybe try savageshooters forum if that is what you really want

I had the same gun you’re trying to put together. I thought the chassis was unnecessarily bulky with few aftermarket options

Reactions: Taylorbok
wow that's a turd compared to modern chassis

agree with above. any modern chassis will be lightyears ahead of that...but you'll pay for it too

Reactions: Taylorbok
images
this is what im looking for
1687288448154.jpeg
this is what i have
wow that's a turd compared to modern chassis

agree with above. any modern chassis will be lightyears ahead of that...but you'll pay for it too
lol not looking for beauty contest, had several shoulder surgeries that have left my off arm limited to ben and reach to stabilize. and that set up would give me a 19-20 lb turd i can manage with limited range of motion

View attachment 8166603 this is what i have

lol not looking for beauty contest, had several shoulder surgeries that have left my off arm limited to ben and reach to stabilize. and that set up would give me a 19-20 lb turd i can manage with limited range of motion
I think what people are getting at is that you can get less of a turd for about the same amount of money, much sooner, with easy ways to get much heavier (~30lb is easily achievable).

View attachment 8166603 this is what i have

I have that same stock on my .338LM since around 2010. When I bought it used, supposedly with only 50 rounds on it, it tested out like shit as received. Like 2-2.5” groups at 100y. And no, it was not me Magnum or not.
I pulled the rifled action and found significant marks on the left of the front block and the right of the rear block. Having never bedded a stock up until then, I knew that’s what it needed. I read up on it, made sure I had what I needed and bedded the action to the stock and ‘chassis’ blocks.

I am not kidding to say that groups went to ragged holes at 100y with 285g BTHP.

Okay whole story. At the same time since I had the stock off, I used a hack saw and then the blade wrapped with a tape handle, to cut in an adjustable cheek piece and also add 2.5-3# of lead into the back of the butt (using marine tex). As received, the rifle was unbalanced and front heavy. I like a balanced rifle that I can shoot from Stamding unsupported if needed/wanted.

If I hadn’t already decided that this was a budget ELR precision rifle, I would have added an adjustable buttstock. As is, it is totally red neck and yet fits me and shoots.

1687300692238.jpeg

A thirteen inch 3-shot consecutive group at 1840y in heavy mirage. Yes, with S&B PMII, Verified on camera. Off of an elevated platform on a pickup truck.

The extra weight in the butt balances the rifle perfectly and changes the recoil substantially. For even a better recoil impulse, get a suppressor. It changes the recoil to a push instead of a punch and reduces muzzle blast considerably. A totally different experience.

I have that same stock on my .338LM since around 2010. When I bought it used, supposedly with only 50 rounds on it, it tested out like shit as received. Like 2-2.5” groups at 100y. And no, it was not me Magnum or not.
I pulled the rifled action and found significant marks on the left of the front block and the right of the rear block. Having never bedded a stock up until then, I knew that’s what it needed. I read up on it, made sure I had what I needed and bedded the action to the stock and ‘chassis’ blocks.

I am not kidding to say that groups went to ragged holes at 100y with 285g BTHP.

Okay whole story. At the same time since I had the stock off, I used a hack saw and then the blade wrapped with a tape handle, to cut in an adjustable cheek piece and also add 2.5-3# of lead into the back of the butt (using marine tex). As received, the rifle was unbalanced and front heavy. I like a balanced rifle that I can shoot from Stamding unsupported if needed/wanted.

If I hadn’t already decided that this was a budget ELR precision rifle, I would have added an adjustable buttstock. As is, it is totally red neck and yet fits me and shoots.

View attachment 8166730

A thirteen inch 3-shot consecutive group at 1840y in heavy mirage. Yes, with S&B PMII, Verified on camera. Off of an elevated platform on a pickup truck.

The extra weight in the butt balances the rifle perfectly and changes the recoil substantially. For even a better recoil impulse, get a suppressor. It changes the recoil to a push instead of a punch and reduces muzzle blast considerably. A totally different experience.
You can't shoot anything with that piece of crap it's a Savage! Also suppressors are for pussies get a 4 port brake on that thing or go home!

You aren't missing anything here.....weather is savage right now blowing 30 on my street with sideways rain/thunder/lightning... thinking we are pulling the plug on today's range trip. Get your bucket back down here ya hooligan!

Yeah, weather here’s been a bit shooter unfriendly too. I’ll probably get down there late next week. Have to make plans yet.

And you should know, the stock three port brake on there now will blow shit off the table next to you and make anyone within 6’ move away. They only safe place is behind the gun. 😁

Reactions: TripleBull
Yeah, weather here’s been a bit shooter unfriendly too. I’ll probably get down there late next week. Have to make plans yet.

And you should know, the stock three port brake on there now will blow shit off the table next to you and make anyone within 6’ move away. They only safe place is behind the gun. 😁
Solid let us know when you pick a day. I'm going to sit in the woods when you break that thing out! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: lash
I had that exact shitty factory brake on mine & I replaced it with a Terminator T4 Brake .... tamed the recoil waaaay down .

Reactions: lash
I might have one of those "turds" you're looking for. Posting this as a reminder to myself.

Reactions: b6graham