• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 10BA- what kind of accuracy

ancientmariner

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2010
Europe
I can expect from this rib?
I came across this rifle at my local gun shop. this piece comes from from an old delivery, bought when $$ exchange rate was friendlier. So, the rifle is priced now at the same level as Sako 85 varmint. I habe been thinking 308, so the heavier the better. With 6 kilos on board the recoil should be negligible.
But- does it shoot on a 0,5 MOA level?

Re: Savage 10BA- what kind of accuracy

It's gotta be close. It's based on the same platform as the long action 110BAs which are easily 1/2 MOA. I was considering one as a plinker but it's a bit overkill for that so I am looking at the 10FCP instead. And between the muzzle brake and the weight of the piece your recoil will be negligible.

Re: Savage 10BA- what kind of accuracy

I have the FCP-K .308, which is the same rifle, just a different stock. I love this rifle, you can't go wrong with the BA. If you plan on replacing the stock with a Manners or another high-quality stock, save your money on the BA and go with the FCP-K!