• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 10fcp bottom-bolt-release stock compatibility?

jwramp

Photo Guy
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
www.jwramp.com
The bottom metal in my factory Savage 10fcp looks like this, with the bolt-release located on the bottom in front of the trigger guard:
IMG_0918.JPG

Is there any hope of being able to drop it into an aftermarket stock like a McRee, AICS, XLR, etc?

As mentioned above, you will have to have a smith mill out about .080 on the right rear side and change to the old style sear/release. It should only cost you maybe $100 at most.

YES, here is my 10 PC in an AICS. Same exact action as yours.
u6emezy7.jpg

ysedyty3.jpg

a3ada4ys.jpg

If you want a fiberglass stock McMillan inlets Savage stocks for either the top right bolt release or the bottom bolt release. That's just one of the things you have to specify along with the factory DBM floorplate.

CDI says they can inlet a stock for their bottom metal and they have DBM for the newer trigger guard release savages. I sent an email out to them yesterday asking if they can inlet a stock for my action stock combination, still waiting for a reply.