• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 10fcp mcmillan question

dtkutchu

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2010
Macomb, MI
I am almost 100% set on this rifle, but had a few questions about the muzzle first. If anyne owns or has fired one, is there any muzzle flash or anything to be concerned about? It doesn't come with a muzzle brake or flash surpressor, and i was wondering if this would be a necessary addition. Also, since there isn't a muzzle brake, I am assuming I would need to get a different barrel in oder to mount a can on it?

any help is greatly appreciated

Re: Savage 10fcp mcmillan question

you don't need a flash suppressor. any good smith can thread the existing barrel for a suppresor and i highly reccommend it. when you do have them cut the barrel down to 20" makes the rifle alot handier when shooting with a can.

this is a great rifle you won't be sorry, i have owned 3 if it weren't for custom actions i wouldn't use anything but savage actions.

I shoot a 20" .308 barrel with no muzzle brake or flash hider on my Savage and it is very pleasant for a 50-100 round range session. A brake is superfluous on a .308, now a supressor is another story entirely
wink.gif

A brake isn't necessary at all on a .308 at all. It would be convenient for the sake of putting a can on it but you can also have the barrel threaded by any reputable smith for pretty cheap. If you don't plan on using a can, don't worry you will be fine without the brake.

I have a m10 fcp with the A5. I've cut it to 20" and added cdi dbm to use AI mags. You won't need bedding right away. Mine's not bedded and still out shoots me.

There's no need for a brake on a .308. Save the cost and buy more ammo