• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 10fp .223 with extremly tight bore

p5200

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2008
poplar bluff mo.
First of all, I am new here and would like to say hello to everyone! I just purchased this rifle new and when I pulled a patch soaked with Hoppe's 9 it was all I could do to pull it through using the Patch Worm. I used the same 7/8" patches and slip on white collar that's made for .22lr. the same patch pulls much easier on my CZ452 Varmint .22 lr. is this normal on a brand new barrel of this model? there's a lot of blue coming out on the patches also when I went to clean the new barrel. someone on another forum, told me they may have put a .204 barrel on by mistake?. He also, told me to take it to a gunsmith before I shot it but, the closest one is 50 miles. is there any way I can check this for the correct bore size? Thanks for all advice!

Re: Savage 10fp .223 with extremly tight bore

They didn't put a 204 barrel on by mistake...

it will get easier to run the patches through as the barrel breaks in, just make sure you clean it after 1 shot for the first 10-15 rounds, then about every 10-20 shots untill you start seeing less fouling
wink.gif

Steve

Thanks for your help! and I will try to find my way back, and finish what I missed sorry!

No problem, those savages are really good shooters, enjoy it and post lots of pictures, and range reports,

Steve