• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Savage 10FP Accu trigger issue

cheddar

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
Madison, WI.
Hi, I bought a new 10FP in .223. I tried adjusting the trigger pull and it can't be loosened. It sems as though the spring is tweaked or something. I took the trigger all the way off and it still wouldn't thread in past a certain point. Anyone ever run into this? Something I may be doing wrong? I will probably call SSS on moday, but I was hoping to play with it today. Let me know if anyone has any insight for me...Thanks.

Re: Savage 10FP Accu trigger issue

before anyone else says something, please fill out your profile.
I had accu-trigger problems with my 10FP, I had it replaced with one from SSS(comp trigger), no more problems. Fred at SSS will be a big help, just getting him to the phone is the problem, he is always busy. Just let Lisa know what's going on, she will let Fred know, and either Fred or Lisa will call you back. Good luck.

Steve

I thought you were gonna call Savage on Monday, and figured that would be plenty good enough. You <span style="font-style: italic">were</span> on a good track, IMHO.

So, did you call, and what did they have to say?

Samesame with Lisa...

Greg

i could help you, but i don't understand what your problem is. your post doesn't add up. you say the pull can't be loosened, do you mean you are trying to increase the pull weight? if so why would you have a problem threading the spring in? to increase the pull the inside spring threads out of the outer spring. if you are in fact trying to decrease the pull weight, what weight are you getting before it binds up? why would you take the trigger off? maybe if you posted a pic pointing to the parts you are trying to adjust, we could be of more help.