• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 10FP DBM question (Centerfeed)

sb_pete

Private
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2008
Santa Barbara, CA
Hey guys,
So I had a few questions about Savage DBM's in the newer centerfeed models:

1. Can the models that come from the factory with the Savage DBM (ie. 10FCP-K, Model 10 Precision Carbine, etc.) use the mags from the Model 10 BAS guns?

2. If not, could they be adapted to do so?

3. Anybody seen the mags for the model 10BAS up close yet? Any impressions? How do they look in terms of durability? Feeding?

4. Anybody have any idea what the model 10 BAS mags are going to cost?

Thanks all,
-Pete

Re: Savage 10FP DBM question (Centerfeed)

<span style="font-weight: bold">1. Can the models that come from the factory with the Savage DBM use the mags from the 10 BAS guns?
</span>

No

<span style="font-weight: bold">2. If not, could they be adapted to do so?</span>

NO

<span style="font-weight: bold">3. Anybody seen the mags for the model 10BAS up close yet? Any impressions? How do they look in terms of durability? Feeding?</span>

I have not seen them in person

<span style="font-weight: bold">4. Anybody have any idea what the model 10 BAS mags are going to cost?</span>

They will cost around $100.

One of my dealer distributors is showing a 10rnd mag for the 10 Predator rifle that will be coming out soon by Savage. If it's true it should fit the other Savage DBM rifles with standard style stocks.

GC

Re: Savage 10FP DBM question (Centerfeed)

Savage BDM mags latch in the front of the mag.
The BAS has a mag release on the rear of the mag

DSC06182.jpg